Help

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
nevo
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Nevo

Help

Post by nevo »

Okay, so this is really weird, i open up loap gold but there are no units, right, so i can edit it, i place new units, then when i test the map, the units that are supposed to be there are there! and my new units are there 2! So the problem is that i cant see the units that were their before i edited it. Its really weird, anyone got any ideas?
My Favorite Rule:
- No excessive BBCode, (colors, flashing text, spoilers, etc.), using; don't use it for every single word you're typing, only use it make a word(s) stand out.
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Re: Help

Post by Xantan »

check pm I sent you, and please dont send a pm AND post a topic, someone will respond someday if you make a topic, just be patient.
nevo
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Nevo

Post by nevo »

i know, i figured i saw you online, so i pmed you. :)
My Favorite Rule:
- No excessive BBCode, (colors, flashing text, spoilers, etc.), using; don't use it for every single word you're typing, only use it make a word(s) stand out.
GhettoChild
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: OxyContin

Post by GhettoChild »

I can already guess that you used xdep, and I am 90% you did. The reason I knew that you did is because one of the files in the map is nearly blank, war3mapunits.doo. Xdep makes it, but only with the start locations and not any other units. You can restore the preplaced units if you know what your are doing, but getting them to work in sync with the editor and ingame also takes a bit of knowledge as well. As far as I know, nobody else at this site knows how to do it besides me except maybe Xantan (my right man when it comes to maps) but who knows I maybe be wrong. I know a lot about this kind of stuff, but if you have anymore questions about it PM me.
You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes.