Saving map corrupts it.

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

weetree

Saving map corrupts it.

Post by weetree »

I'm trying to make some edits to a map, but when I save it I can't play it in game (says map not found, something to do with new patch). So I then opened the map before edit that works fine when I try to play it and simply just saved the map without making any edits (besides it making me auto generate start locations); and got same problem. I am using JNGP5d's editor since normal wc3 editor wont open the map ( get this error Image ). Any ideas or different editors I can use to make this to work.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: Saving map corrupts it.

Post by Bartimaeus »

It's protected. Was this a deprotected map, or a map you just took from your downloads/etc? If it's a deprotected map, whatever you did messed probably messed up somewhere, and if it's not, then it's probably an Open Source map - which allows you to open it and view it, but if you try to save, it'll fail.
weetree

Post by weetree »

I requested it to be deprotected, and I used the map that was said to be deprotected.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

weetree wrote:I requested it to be deprotected, and I used the map that was said to be deprotected.
Then it was probably X-Deped, which is broken. We don't really do deprotection requests. The best you can hope for is a X-Deped map, which is in all likelihood corrupted. Sorry.