Forums

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Panda-Assassin
Title: Pandaren-Assassin

Forums

Post by Panda-Assassin »

I was making a test forum to see the process, being an administrator etc. I also use phpBB 3, but I want to change try and change to vBulletin board. Is there a way to change from phpBB3 to vbulletin? Is this even possible?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05/11/09

I don't want to spam this forum with posts that relate to the same thing so, I'll just cut each question off with the line above.
This question is mainly for people who have used php before and the admin of this site.

When I first used this php, I got a chance to choose templates for forum, but none of them were the ones I wanted. So my question is, did you make this warcraft III template or did you just simply find it? Also, what do you need to make your own templates?

Thanks in advance. :D
Panda-Assassin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Panda-Assassin on December 5th, 2009, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A unit of time is as precious as a unit of gold, but you cannot don't click me back one unit of time with one unit of gold."

Thanks for all the help Syre!
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Re: Forums

Post by Ozzapoo »

Panda-Assassin wrote:I was making a test forum to see the process, being an administrator etc. I also use phpBB 3, but I want to change try and change to vBulletin board. Is there a way to change from phpBB3 to vbulletin? Is this even possible?
I think vBulletin provides conversion tools, but vBulletin requires a license (expensive) so if you don't want to pay, then phpBB (or SMF) will have to do.
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Panda-Assassin

Post by Panda-Assassin »

Okie dokie, thanks. What do you mean by conversion tools?
"A unit of time is as precious as a unit of gold, but you cannot don't click me back one unit of time with one unit of gold."

Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Panda-Assassin wrote:Okie dokie, thanks. What do you mean by conversion tools?
they should allow you to automatically convert a phpBB forum database, for example, to a vBulletin one so that all the posts and users will remain.
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Small Sized Duck
Noob
Title: LSD.

Post by Small Sized Duck »

You can find a nulled version of VB, illegally.
Panda-Assassin

Post by Panda-Assassin »

:shock: nulled? I might just stay to the safe free and legal version. Thanks for the suggestion.