Windows 7

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Panda-Assassin
Title: Pandaren-Assassin

Windows 7

Post by Panda-Assassin »

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 blah blah blah ... but what's so good about it? What makes it better than vista? and maybe some other operating systems. My uncle said that its more optimized and has more security, but is there more to it then that?
"A unit of time is as precious as a unit of gold, but you cannot don't click me back one unit of time with one unit of gold."

Thanks for all the help Syre!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: Windows 7

Post by Bartimaeus »

Panda-Assassin wrote:I recently upgraded to Windows 7 blah blah blah ... but what's so good about it? What makes it better than vista? and maybe some other operating systems. My uncle said that its more optimized and has more security, but is there more to it then that?
I'm running it as well. It's O.K. The only way it's superior is in it's Aero themes, but that's it, really. The automatic updates for all your devices is a little nifty too when you reformat.
ReadySetGo
Title: ๑▬Stalker▬๑

Post by ReadySetGo »

Bartimaeus are you running the full one? When I say full I mean Legit one.

Clan name: Warcraft III Edit (W3E) Image
Created: Friday 23rd October 2009 09:38:46 PM
Realm: BoredAussie

Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

ReadySetGo wrote:Bartimaeus are you running the full one? When I say full I mean Legit one.
Yes, it came as a deal at newegg with my new computer parts. Why?

I spent like twelve hours figuring out which services were safe to turn off, only to accidentally turn one off that WAS important, and had to reformat again. -.-
ReadySetGo
Title: ๑▬Stalker▬๑

Post by ReadySetGo »

Just asking, because I might don't click me Windows 7 if its worth it.

Clan name: Warcraft III Edit (W3E) Image
Created: Friday 23rd October 2009 09:38:46 PM
Realm: BoredAussie

Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

I was trying it out at school. The fact that single-clicking on stuff opens it, and you have to hover over it for a few seconds to select it, really threw me off. I'm used to double-clicking to open, single to select.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

It took me some time to learn how to navigate through 7. For those who only used only Vista, its a piece of cake. But from XP to 7 takes a little getting used to.

It seems to run smooth for the most part, but I am finding alot of programs are not working properly. Basically, I should have stuck with XP.
Slickslime
Forum Staff

Post by Slickslime »

I prefer modded vista, it barely lags.

PS: I thought Vegas was inactive?
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Senethior459 wrote:I was trying it out at school. The fact that single-clicking on stuff opens it, and you have to hover over it for a few seconds to select it, really threw me off. I'm used to double-clicking to open, single to select.
It's double click by default. Your school had its preferences set to single click.

No idea what you mean by the second thing, but that's not present, (AFAIK), in Windows 7 without preference changing.
Vegas wrote:It seems to run smooth for the most part, but I am finding alot of programs are not working properly. Basically, I should have stuck with XP.
I believe that may be because of you running the 64bit version. Could cause some compatibilities with some programs; however, programs that aren't specifically designed on 32bit ONLY will be able to work on 64bit just fine, as Windows 7 has an emulation of a 32bit system for 32bit programs.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

I have the 32 bit version.

About my "inactivity"....I dont even have Warcraft installed on my box at the moment, so that means I am not working on my Shopping Maul. I do come by every couple of days. I just dont post much.