Why UndeadxAssassin is a mod? :(

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Re: Why UndeadxAssassin is a mod? :(

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

Controversy wrote:
Also about your comment on this UndeadxAssassin having all the good aspects is definitely warped too. Your perspective will definitely change if it the aforesaid person was a guy. This knowledge definitely alter your view no matter how little it might be. So it would not be logical to say that you are totally impartial to the appointment.
I would just like to point out that there were still people who voted yes to my mod promotion who did not know I was female. Although I believe around 4 people knew, the other 6 did not, and therefore it was not such a huge factor.
Besides, I'm not the kind of person who would just flaunt my gender for prizes. I, personally do not agree with their means of achievement.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

If you think you have an advantage by pretending to be a girl why don't you just pretend to be one? Just abuse the Internets pseudonymity. ;) I don't think there is much advantage in doing so - in real life being a girl definitively has advantages, but it comes with downsides as well - like after all these decades women still earn less per hour on an average.

Woman Uses Sex Appeal and Makes a Guy don't click me Her Shoes
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!
In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

Men also have a better chance of being promoted, too, which is lame.
But, sure, I could abuse it, but I prefer to earn the stuff I get. I mean, I didn't send 130957130 PMs to admins to get me promoted (I didn't send any, actually o_o. One came to me :D). Nor did I mention that I was a girl outside of chat.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

I'd like to mention, if you ask for mod status, you're very likely as being seen as immature, and therefore, you won't recieve any promotion.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
Lanaya
Banned-To-Be
Title: Administrator

Post by Lanaya »

vRisen wrote:I'd like to mention, if you ask for mod status, you're very likely as being seen as immature, and therefore, you won't recieve any promotion.
-cough- haxorico -cough-
League of legends North America - Nietono
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Controversy wrote:Interesting recognition fight. Well from my point of view as a neutral stander, I think anybody who contributes to the community no matter how little, should be recognized. Naturally, all of us or many would either want benefit OR be happy to receive benefit (in case you decide to start a debate on philanthropy). Fulfilling 40 map hack request is certainly quite a bit to me, considering mine has not been fulfilled in these few days. He definitely deserves a little thanks and appreciation or a title which is the only thing that he can benefit from. It's not like he is asking for money.

Also about your comment on this UndeadxAssassin having all the good aspects is definitely warped too. Your perspective will definitely change if it the aforesaid person was a guy. This knowledge definitely alter your view no matter how little it might be. So it would not be logical to say that you are totally impartial to the appointment. But then you can always point out that life is never fair, and that's how it is in WC3Edit.net and that'd be the end of the story.

Intelligence is relative, some people are just unable to express themselves or it could be due to the insufficient grasp of the language mastery. The ones who are able to truly discuss logically with sensible and coherent English will definitely seem more 'intelligent' - but to what extent and which area? Naturally many people who read someone well-versed in English message on forum would feel / think that person is intelligent. Like your post or mine, but what if we change the subject at hand to the study of mathematics or the various faculties of science - thermal physics, medical science etc. and he / she might not be able to grasp it so easily. Then is that individual stupid? No, definitely not.

Oh and slickslime, reading your post throwing derogatory remark at someone who felt unfairly treated is just plain 'retard' - ed of you. It is his problem and personal view, he might not be right in complaining. complaining is never right nor is insulting. But he does feel injustice so naturally it gives him the right to post his thoughts. You too have your right to post your thought, but you do have to do it tactfully. You definitely will never be given the chance to be of any important position seeing your immature mindset. Unless you change it of course.
1. They should receive recognition, sure, but that doesn't mean we're going to promote them if their personality is unsuitable for the job. We've had this problem before; we promoted people who cheated maps to moderator, only to find out that they were big jerks and abusing their powers.

2. Yes, my perspective and opinions of her would be different if she was male; that is, if the change warped her personality into something different. I'm not going to promote someone based on sexual preference, (although, I'm actually asexual, so that sounds kind of silly. I would defend someone with her personality as hard as I am with anyone, regardless of their gender.). I promoted her because she's been here for quite a long while, helps out, isn't a jerk for no reason, and is a general all around fit for the job. I didn't promote her because she's female; she's been here and done the same things other male moderators have done, so why wouldn't I promote her?

3. You don't need intelligence to have a proper demeanor. You don't need to be especially smart to figure out that flaming users for no reason besides your own jealousy is going to have a backlash. I'm not saying she's a genius, rather, she's smart enough to know what to do, (and if not possible, then ask or wait), and know what not to do.

4. He does have the right to voice his complaints - but we reserve the right to shoot them down if they're silly!
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

Bartimaeus wrote: He does have the right to voice his complaints - but we reserve the right to shoot them down if they're silly!
Hail yes! 8)
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
Controversy
Title: Ubiquitous

Post by Controversy »

No, no Undead. You got it wrong, I am not stating about how wrong it is or that you don't deserve your post, definitely you deserve yours. I know nothing about what happened, as I said I'm speaking from a neutral point of view. I am just stating the logical 'morals' or whatever you call it.

Looks like the star of the show (threadstarter) has not replied yet. I just felt some injustice if somebody helped a community for some months, hasn't been given recognition and decides to give a little 'nudge' to the upper body then just gets flame for nuts. Even if he isn't that mature.
Last edited by Controversy on October 1st, 2009, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be transcendent, to be superior. The knowledge and assurance soothes. So what does it require?
Spoiler:
Great is the man who observes and reads, [blinking]foolish is the dope who wasteth his time reading this.[/blinking]
Bushido
Not an Admin, and Not Unique
Title: Der Boss :D

Post by Bushido »

Controversy wrote: Looks like the star of the show (threadstarter) has not replied yet. I just felt some injustice if somebody helped a community for some months, hasn't been given recognition and decides to give a little 'nudge' to the upper body then just gets flame for nuts. Even if he isn't that mature.
I bet he's banned.
Download Senethior's tool package here!
Spoiler for Funny shit:
Kryptonyte wrote:Pew-pew, together, 2pac and I can take over the world. Muhahahahahaha.
Kryptonyte wrote:@2Pac, You're a G. Keep your pimp hand strong.
Kryptonyte wrote:anyways i gtg, PEACE, MR. ZOMG O SO PRO U RAWKZ0RZ SUM BoXZ()RZ

Code: Select all

(23:22:14) FatherSpace: BWAHAHA
(23:22:21) FatherSpace: I am 1337, you must fear my coolness.
(23:22:51) FatherSpace: I got bored, so I made a Python script so now whenever I open Terminal, I get a random haiku from here: http://www.smalltime.com/Haiku
(23:24:12) FatherSpace: afk... Killing myself. :(

(03:52:56) ChatBot: (673237) logs into the Chat.
 (03:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
 (03:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(03:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(21:39:14) GeorgeMots: Jen are you there?
(21:39:44) 2Pac: ...lol?
(21:39:49) 2Pac: (21:22:22) ChatBot: UndeadxAssassin has been logged out (Timeout).
(21:39:52) GeorgeMots: w00t
(21:39:54) GeorgeMots: rofl
(21:39:58) GeorgeMots: *facepalm*
(21:39:59) 2Pac: you definetly fail
Get to know Bushido alias 2Pac alias King-Bushido!
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

0-sense is neither banned nor inactive. Just hasn't replied.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle