[Deprotection Help] Night of the Dead 2 1.3

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

dDemoneEvil
Old Wrinkly Member

Re: [Deprotection Help] Night of the Dead 2 1.3

Post by dDemoneEvil »

RMPQEx cannot deprotect map?
bakamania07 wrote: When I added my listfile when deprotecting with rmpqex
And there is a easier way to get the job done .

1. Export the original war3map.* to anywhere , and import them into a blank map.
2. Edit those abilities/item/etc. by open up the blank map with JassNewGen.(Properly a blank map will not crash JassNewGen).
3. After edit , import the edited war3map.* back to the original map.
4. Done?
listofwar3map.* wrote:List of war3map.* files:
war3map.w3t - Items
war3map.j - Jass Triggers
war3map.wts - Strings
war3map.w3t - Items
war3map.w3u - Units
war3map.w3b - Destructibles
war3map.doo - Doodads
war3map.w3a - Abilities
war3map.w3h - Buffs/Effects
war3map.w3q - Upgrades
war3map.w3e - Terrain
war3map.wtg - Gui triggers
[/quote]
Correct me if i'm wrong. :D
Spoiler for The result if you double posted!:
bakamania07
Newcomer

Post by bakamania07 »

Well my intention is to remove the bugs from this map and eliminate possible errors that may result from patching to 1.24, since the original mapmakers have disappeared. I prefer to edit the map without having to import/export the stuff.
dDemoneEvil
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by dDemoneEvil »

bakamania07 wrote:Well my intention is to remove the bugs from this map and eliminate possible errors that may result from patching to 1.24, since the original mapmakers have disappeared. I prefer to edit the map without having to import/export the stuff.
:confused: , i thought you want to edit the stuff of the map at World Editor. And if you means make the map compatibility on patch 1.24 , you no need to do anything on World Editor(I think). All you need to do is edit the script file(war3map.j).
bakamania07
Newcomer

Post by bakamania07 »

Well I'm pretty sure that it's 1.24 compatible, since my friends from official servers have not complained yet. I'm on a pvpgn server which still runs on 1.23. As for debugging, I would need to refer to the items/abilities and triggers at the same time since I do not exactly know what is causing the problem yet =\
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

Ill write a guide. If you are stuck in any step let me know

Fist xdep. If you dont have a full listfile its ok as long as there are no units missing. not terrain or anything else, just objects.

Next SOC. Restore custom objects. Not necessary if you are not messing with objects so you might wanna skip it.

Then use jassnewgen to open the map and save it. Ofc, you wont be able to see the maps buildings and units. To solve this you have to restore the map with the link i gave you earlier. http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-c ... t1606.html

Once you manage to save the map, it might have some issues depending on how it was protected and how much data was removed. Use World editor enhancer to fix those issues, like the descrition of the map without messing with WE or hex.

Edit: darn there goes some time wasted. Yeah just edit the J file.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)
Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
bakamania07
Newcomer

Post by bakamania07 »

Call me a noob but I can't get SOC working. First, I used SOC v3 but it stopped at war3mapImported/BTNFirstAidKit.blp. Then, I tried using the earlier version SOC v1.2 but it gets stuck because I can't find war3map.w3u in either the protected or unprotected map using MPQ Master. The custom objects are necessary for me. Any ideas on how I can overcome the problems? Will be even more glad if someone can do the dirty work for me though :?
dDemoneEvil
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by dDemoneEvil »

bakamania07 wrote:Call me a noob but I can't get SOC working. First, I used SOC v3 but it stopped at war3mapImported/BTNFirstAidKit.blp.
Try hit 'Enter' . And properly it is not stuck , you just need to wait like 10 minutes .
bakamania07
Newcomer

Post by bakamania07 »

The program closed by its own :S
dDemoneEvil
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by dDemoneEvil »

I have no idea at SOC, i never use it before. Can't help you anymore, sorry.