This is what my CDs think of me:

Grampa Simpson said it right. Got something to bitch about, do it here. NO FLAMING. This area is to let off some steam.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

This is what my CDs think of me:

Post by Bartimaeus »

That's my second set of CDs for Shadows of Amn.
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Re: This is what my CDs think of me:

Post by Ozzapoo »

Bartimaeus wrote:Image

That's my second set of CDs for Shadows of Amn.

"Catastrophic failure"...Oh my, that is new.
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

SHOOT. I just tried my other CD 1 - same error message and at the same time. Cleaning out my registries, now...lol

(edit) LOL. One of the problems some guy had with this error is that his RAM was bad. Another was that his CD was too scratched up. Another was that his system was too instable, and had to reformat before it worked. It could mean anything.

What the hell do I do? lol
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Bartimaeus wrote:SHOOT. I just tried my other CD 1 - same error message and at the same time. Cleaning out my registries, now...lol

(edit) LOL. One of the problems some guy had with this error is that his RAM was bad. Another was that his CD was too scratched up. Another was that his system was too instable, and had to reformat before it worked. It could mean anything.

You could try just downloading the game off the internet...and are you sure it works on x64 systems?
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Ozzapoo wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:SHOOT. I just tried my other CD 1 - same error message and at the same time. Cleaning out my registries, now...lol

You could try just downloading the game off the internet...and are you sure it works on x64 systems?

I had it working previously - but had to reinstall because of mod related errors.

Anyways, I got it work.

...I had a USB drive plugged in. I tried restarting my computer, but it couldn't get past the Motherboard start up screen, (multiple restarts) so I started getting worried, and I un-plugged a USB drive, and it literally got past the screen in under half a second later.

Then I tried installing, and everything worked.

lolwut

Catastrophic failure = Windows 7 doesn't like USB drives. lol. What a ridiculously random error. Don't install games if you have a USB drive plugged in, I guess. -.-
Panda-Assassin
Title: Pandaren-Assassin

Post by Panda-Assassin »

Bartimaeus wrote:
Ozzapoo wrote:

I had it working previously - but had to reinstall because of mod related errors.

Anyways, I got it work.

...I had a USB drive plugged in. I tried restarting my computer, but it couldn't get past the Motherboard start up screen, (multiple restarts) so I started getting worried, and I un-plugged a USB drive, and it literally got past the screen in under half a second later.

Then I tried installing, and everything worked.

lolwut

Catastrophic failure = Windows 7 doesn't like USB drives. lol. What a ridiculously random error. Don't install games if you have a USB drive plugged in, I guess. -.-

Good tip Bartimaeus. By the way, how do you pronounce your name?
"A unit of time is as precious as a unit of gold, but you cannot don't click me back one unit of time with one unit of gold."

Thanks for all the help Syre!
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Bart-im-ay-us.

Does anyone else hear Catastrophic failure in the "Double Kill" and "M-M-M-Monstrous Kill" voice?
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Senethior459 wrote:Bart-im-ay-us.

Does anyone else hear Catastrophic failure in the "Double Kill" and "M-M-M-Monstrous Kill" voice?

That's not how I pronounce it at all, lol.

Bar-tih-may-us.

lol, and no, although now I am forced to, :P
L0K3
Title: The Forsaken

Post by L0K3 »

I think that'd sound cool. "Catastrophic F-F-F-Failure!"
"What goes around comes around."