How to hack your score in YouTD!

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Valmere
Newcomer
Title: wew lad

How to hack your score in YouTD!

Post by Valmere »

Note: For this tutorial you'll need to have Ghost++(a VERY good WC3 hosting bot) and CheatEngine.
I will not explain how to setup Ghost, for detailed instructions read their forum and the readme the comes in the download.
Here's a list of the things you need and where you can download them:
  1. Make sure you have a copy of the map in both your WC3 maps folder and in the Ghost maps folder. Create a new text document in the mapcfgs directory called youtd.cfg. Open it in a text editor and copy/paste the following into it:
    Spoiler:
    map_path = maps\download\YouTD_beta_v0.5.w3x
    map_localpath = YouTD_beta_v0.5.w3x
    map_size = 207 132 23 0
    map_info = 139 127 42 182
    map_crc = 222 216 74 234
    map_sha1 = 61 240 229 96 231 89 150 107 223 240 132 240 68 81 251 114 161 46 79 43
    Save and exit, then start Ghost.

2. Start WC3 too if you haven't already and then either A) Join your admin game if you only have 1 CD key or B) Enter the chat channel with your bot. Type:

Code: Select all

!load youtd
    (by default the command trigger for Ghost is !) After the config is loaded (takes like 1 second) create a private game and join it. For admin game people, after its created just leave the admin game and you should see your new game on the LAN list. For people with 2 cd keys on Bnet, I hope you know how to join a game :P

3. Once inside your private game, here comes the fun part. Now regularly, when you're going to play a map that has single player disabled you won't be able to use save codes or on some maps even play the game (even if you add bots to a game it will still only register you as a player thus causing the disable triggers). Another intresting thing is that you can't use CheatEngine in a bnet game without being disconnected. Luckily for us this isn't always the case :) In the game lobby type:

!fakeplayer
    BAM! ITS A F*CKING FAKE PLAYER! Start the game.

4. Once the game has loaded, load your current code if you have one, It doesn't really matter, you won't be getting around to the actual hacking until the waves start to spawn. Until then, get your builder + elements and make some starting towers. I'll add how to hack gold / lumber / max food limit with CheatEngine at the bottom of this post. Anyway, to pass the time while you wait for the first wave, minimize your game and start up CheatEngine. Click open process (first icon in the top left under file/edit) and when the tiny scroll box appears scroll all the way down and click war3, then press open. Alt tab back into War3 and wait until the first wave is dead.

5. Once you've defeated the first wave, open the multiboard in the top right and get to the screen where you can see your score. With that still open, PAUSE THE GAME. Write down your current score and then alt tab back out into CheatEngine. Type your score into the value field and then set the scan type and value type to this:

Scan type: Exact Value
    Value type: Float

Now press First Scan.

6. Once it's done scanning, alt tab back into the game and resume. Kill another wave, pause the game and write down your new score. Go back into CheatEngine and type your new score into the value field, then press Next Scan. You should only have 1 address in the left side now. If not, repeat this step again. If it is your only address, double click it. In the bottom half of CheatEngine you should see the address and its current value. Double click the current value to open an editing box and change your score to whatever you want. 5 million should do just fine, so type 5000000 and press OK. Alt tab back into War3 again, then resume the game. You won't see your score change immediately, but as soon as you do anything that changes your score (such as killing a mob from the next wave) your score will jump right up to whatever number you set it to in CheatEngine.
Congratulations! You've successfully hacked your score in YouTD! Type -save to get your new code.

As stated above, here's how you hack your gold / lumber / food limit:
Spoiler:
For gold and lumber: Write down your current amount. When you put it in the Value field, ADD A ZERO TO IT. Ex: 50 = 500 ||| 824 = 8240

Scan type: Exact Value
Value type: 4 Bytes
For food limit: Write down your current MAX AMOUNT. Type it into the value field WITHOUT ADDING A ZERO and set your scan type and value type to the same as the gold / lumber hack. After its done scanning, find some way to change your max food amount. In YouTD, there's some items that drop that allow you to increase your max food amount. Use one of these and then search for the new max amount. If there's still multiple addresses, repeat that step. If not, change the value to like 300 and never worry about max food again :)
Comments are appreciated. Let me know if I forgot anything. Also, the !fakeplayer method can be used with ANY MAP that has an anti-single player. Have fun :)
Bushido
Not an Admin, and Not Unique
Title: Der Boss :D

Re: How to hack your score in YouTD!

Post by Bushido »

I don't think this should be in Fulfilled, as you don't got any map or anything.
Moved to Deprotection / cheating.
Download Senethior's tool package here!
Spoiler for Funny shit:
Kryptonyte wrote:Pew-pew, together, 2pac and I can take over the world. Muhahahahahaha.
Kryptonyte wrote:@2Pac, You're a G. Keep your pimp hand strong.
Kryptonyte wrote:anyways i gtg, PEACE, MR. ZOMG O SO PRO U RAWKZ0RZ SUM BoXZ()RZ

(23:22:14) FatherSpace: BWAHAHA
(23:22:21) FatherSpace: I am 1337, you must fear my coolness.
(23:22:51) FatherSpace: I got bored, so I made a Python script so now whenever I open Terminal, I get a random haiku from here: http://www.smalltime.com/Haiku
(23:24:12) FatherSpace: afk... Killing myself. :(

(03:52:56) ChatBot: (673237) logs into the Chat.
 (03:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
 (03:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(03:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(21:39:14) GeorgeMots: Jen are you there?
(21:39:44) 2Pac: ...lol?
(21:39:49) 2Pac: (21:22:22) ChatBot: UndeadxAssassin has been logged out (Timeout).
(21:39:52) GeorgeMots: w00t
(21:39:54) GeorgeMots: rofl
(21:39:58) GeorgeMots: *facepalm*
(21:39:59) 2Pac: you definetly fail
Get to know Bushido alias 2Pac alias King-Bushido!
Valmere
Newcomer

Post by Valmere »

Ah lol, valid point. Thanks for moving it :)
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

With a fake player, you don't have to worry about desyncs since they're both local, I guess. Interesting idea, and a good guide. I'm impressed.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Slickslime
Forum Staff

Post by Slickslime »

mmm you just taught me a new thing... always use ghost if you cbf disabling singleplayer. Anyhow nice guide
Valmere
Newcomer

Post by Valmere »

Glad to help. I suppose its only a matter of time now before map makers figure out how to check for the fakeplayer and have him register as a computer.
Ken
Spice Pirate
Title: LHC

Post by Ken »

They won't be able to. Even if they check for the name "FakePlayer" or whatever, clever people could just recompile the source of Ghost++ such that the name is something like "VladTheImpaler".
Spoiler:
xkiska wrote:BARTIMEAUS is more understandable then u
Senethior459 wrote:Wow, Dream Theatre reminds me of Dragonforce, but with real skill.
Ozzapoo wrote:We laughed, we cried. Trashed.
FatherSpace: You don't find smart chicks hawt?
GeorgeMots: not anymore, im fed up with that kind of girls
FatherSpace: lol
FatherSpace: What happened?
GeorgeMots: most smart girls find out that i date/do/see other girls....
FatherSpace: ...
FatherSpace: So monogamy is your enemy?
Bartimaeus: Hmm, well, I hope my sister hasn't been kidnapped.
FatherSpace: What happened, Bart?
Bartimaeus: She walked out of the house saying that she was going over to some friends, and it's been like two hours, and my mom is trying to get a hold of her, which she's been unable to.
Bartimaeus: I can also hear three car alarms going off.
GeorgeMots: how old is she?
Bartimaeus: I haven't a clue. Probably 17.
UndeadxAssassin: wut
AbusivePie: You don't know how old your sister is?
Bartimaeus: Nope.
UndeadxAssassin: Epic fail
GeorgeMots: is she cute??
Bartimaeus: So, uh, how about you get into the Christmas spirit and put that avatar on before I do it myself and take away your bloody avatar-changin' rights?
UndeadxAssassin: If I thought of a random one...
UndeadxAssassin: Like....
UndeadxAssassin: I'll get back to you on that
jayezor
Newcomer

Post by jayezor »

WOW Thats realyl helpful
Valmere
Newcomer

Post by Valmere »

FatherSpace wrote:They won't be able to. Even if they check for the name "FakePlayer" or whatever, clever people could just recompile the source of Ghost++ such that the name is something like "VladTheImpaler".
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking when I said that, lol
Jaykay
Newcomer

Post by Jaykay »

Works with pickuplist checker too,