A odd protection strategy.

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

ball2hi
Title: Xbye

A odd protection strategy.

Post by ball2hi »

i just got onto wc3edit.net, and i went here to learn how to protect ur maps, because im thinking of making one soon, and i just thought of something.

I was thinking of adding some triggers, like if someone types in -gold or -lumber or w/e, and u got a trigger of where "Player types -gold (xxxx), player gets kicked."

Although this seems like weak protection, i thought it would be nice to be added with anouther type of protection incase they get in.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: A odd protection strategy.

Post by Bartimaeus »

ball2hi wrote:i just got onto wc3edit.net, and i went here to learn how to protect ur maps, because im thinking of making one soon, and i just thought of something.

I was thinking of adding some triggers, like if someone types in -gold or -lumber or w/e, and u got a trigger of where "Player types -gold (xxxx), player gets kicked."

Although this seems like weak protection, i thought it would be nice to be added with anouther type of protection incase they get in.

This is extremely easy to get by, because in the .j file, they can simply delete the kicking action, or change the -gold to say -dlog, rendering this protection useless.

Gonna need something more clever than that, I'm afraid.
ball2hi

Post by ball2hi »

Bartimaeus wrote:
ball2hi wrote:i just got onto wc3edit.net, and i went here to learn how to protect ur maps, because im thinking of making one soon, and i just thought of something.

This is extremely easy to get by, because in the .j file, they can simply delete the kicking action, or change the -gold to say -dlog, rendering this protection useless.

Gonna need something more clever than that, I'm afraid.

yes, i know, but im just saying, if someone can come up with a good way to amke this work, it would render most hack packs useless, requireing everyone to make custom hack packs.
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

no need to make custom hack packs, just search for -gold etc BEFORE including the cheatpack and rename/remove it.
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Dekar wrote:no need to make custom hack packs, just search for -gold etc BEFORE including the cheatpack and rename/remove it.

Yup.

As I said before, you'll need something in strings, such as qe[79]+qe[32]+qe[21]+qe[36]+qe[23] actually equals -gold. This would be much harder to find, and usually will go unnoticed by people, except for really good JASS-ers, like Aero.
ball2hi

Post by ball2hi »

Bartimaeus wrote:
Dekar wrote:no need to make custom hack packs, just search for -gold etc BEFORE including the cheatpack and rename/remove it.

Yup.

As I said before, you'll need something in strings, such as qe[79]+qe[32]+qe[21]+qe[36]+qe[23] actually equals -gold. This would be much harder to find, and usually will go unnoticed by people, except for really good JASS-ers, like Aero.

i didnt say it HAS to be exactly like -gold, im just saying, this could disable few cheat packs, and people who arent good a jassing to not be able to find, im just saying, its a suggestion to make something like this, or simlar like this.
tru_power22
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Re-R-Re-Re-Remix

Post by tru_power22 »

It's not a bad idea, all it does is make is a small pain for people who know jass even a tiny bit... But the "noob" hackers will get caught by it :D.
Contact me on WC3 Killing_Spree22, I'm at US west!

To avoid being a noob read this: everything-else-f7/how-not-to-be-a-noob-t4579.html
This is the official site for team UKS, it's also my home page - http://www.TeamUks.tk

I AM DEAD, I WILL NO LONGER BE POSING HERE. BEEN FUN WITH YOU ALL.