W3M Master

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Korgoth
Newcomer

W3M Master

Post by Korgoth »

I've been looking for this program for a while but I can only find it in Chinese. Its an external MPQ editor and can edit pretty much anything in the map without going into world editor. Anyone have or know where i can find the english version. I saw it on wc3 campaigns where the maker of it said he made it into english but all the links for it are dead.
tru_power22
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Re-R-Re-Re-Remix

Re: W3M Master

Post by tru_power22 »

Why don't you just use MPQ master? It does the same thing...
Contact me on WC3 Killing_Spree22, I'm at US west!

To avoid being a noob read this: everything-else-f7/how-not-to-be-a-noob-t4579.html
This is the official site for team UKS, it's also my home page - http://www.TeamUks.tk

I AM DEAD, I WILL NO LONGER BE POSING HERE. BEEN FUN WITH YOU ALL.
Korgoth
Newcomer

Post by Korgoth »

Because W3M Master lets you edit the file without having to extract the files then import them into World Editor. It edits them strait into the map so you dont have to add the edited file back into MPQ Master. In my opinion its a lot easier to use.
tru_power22
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by tru_power22 »

You don't need to import them in to world editor if you have the right tools...

To avoid being a noob read this: everything-else-f7/how-not-to-be-a-noob-t4579.html
This is the official site for team UKS, it's also my home page - http://www.TeamUks.tk

Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

tru_power22 wrote:You don't need to import them in to world editor if you have the right tools...

Yeah, either you said something you didn't mean, Korgoth, or you don't know how to use it.
Korgoth
Newcomer

Post by Korgoth »

Maybe I dont have the right tools. Is there a newer version of MPQ Master or something that can edit the files or are there seperate tools?
tru_power22
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by tru_power22 »

Separate tools, such as jass craft, photoshop/gimp (for .tga's and converted .blp's), notepad can be used in some cases. There are other things, These are the ones I know well.

Korgoth
Newcomer

Post by Korgoth »

Yeah but you cant really edit items,abilities,and units with jasscraft can you?
tru_power22
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by tru_power22 »

No, but you can do it with Exel if you have the .slks

Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Korgoth wrote:Yeah but you cant really edit items,abilities,and units with jasscraft can you?

Yes, open the map with MPQMaster, find the .w3t, extract it, put it in another map using MPQMaster, (a unprotected map, mind), open that map up with World Editor, edit the items, and do the reverse of what I just said. Maybe you don't like so much work, but it's still fine for me. :P