wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 1:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 9:42 am 

I've created an ability which can be found here

http://files.wc3edit.net/download/index.php?f=Ability.w3x

All it is, is divine shield but when casted it creates a bunch of special effects and deals damage in a radius around the caster

Anyway i want to put this ability into DotA 6.49b i know to convert it to custom text and all that crap i can insert the triggers into the .j file but what im having trouble with is that when you cast the ability you can move the character around and the ability deals damage in a radius around him no matter where he runs and thats how i want it i dont want the ability to be casted in an area. The GUI form of the trigger for the area where one the special effects occurs is

Event
Time - Every 0.5 seconds of game time
Condition

Action
Set Surroundings = (Region centred at (Position of Arthas 0000 <gen>) with size (500,500)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in Surroundings) using Units\Demon\Infernal\Infernal Birth.mdl

Anyway the ability follows the character only because i for the surroundings variable i made it the surroundings of a unit which is already placed on the map but that wont work for DotA as the heroes are in Taverns i tried changing the code to Position of Triggering Unit but the ability did not follow the character.

Please someone check this out and actually help me

PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 1:57 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Title: OxyContin
Will do when I get back, its 6:57 am right now and I have to bounce. I'll be back at like 2:45.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2007, 12:40 am 

Great thanks :)

PostPosted: December 6th, 2007, 1:59 am 

Ok i figured out how to do it.

Now i need to know how to insert it into DotA, The only problem i seem to have is inserting the variables how do i do that?

PostPosted: December 6th, 2007, 2:58 am 

Ok doesn't matter I worked everything out I added the ability to the map and everything runs fine:P

PostPosted: January 25th, 2008, 4:36 pm 
Newcomer

Hey, Ive got a problem.
I just created a spellpack and i wanted to put it into a 'spell book' (I found a skill which opens a new list with other skills, this is used in defiance orpg) because i wanted to make a Lightning Spells - Spellbook. If I upgrade the Spellbook skill, the skillbuttons in the Spellbook totally go crazy. Sometimes you miss one, sometimes it is at a totally another position. I ask you to remove the bug, I dont know what to do ^^

Greetz out of Germany,

xxdingo93xx

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2008, 5:31 am 
Forum Staff

Title: Legendary Angel
xxdingo93xx wrote:
Hey, Ive got a problem.
I just created a spellpack and i wanted to put it into a 'spell book' (I found a skill which opens a new list with other skills, this is used in defiance orpg) because i wanted to make a Lightning Spells - Spellbook. If I upgrade the Spellbook skill, the skillbuttons in the Spellbook totally go crazy. Sometimes you miss one, sometimes it is at a totally another position. I ask you to remove the bug, I dont know what to do ^^

Greetz out of Germany,

xxdingo93xx

You just jacked his thread, and don't triple or double post CrackUps.