Protection from Hosting Maps on Bots (Ent)

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Durge
Old Wrinkly Member

Protection from Hosting Maps on Bots (Ent)

Post by Durge »

Hullo,

So I've recently come across a few maps that are unable to be hosted on bots (like the ENT ones), but are able to be played otherwise. Do the maps use some sort of hex obfuscation that messes with the header making it unreadable to the bots? Or is it something completely different?
devoltz
Forum Staff

Re: Protection from Hosting Maps on Bots (Ent)

Post by devoltz »

MPQ Corruption or HEX Protections makes
the map unhostable by bots.
Try to rebuild the MPQ file.
haxorico
Super Moderator

Post by haxorico »

A post about that was made here - http://forum.wc3edit.net/warcraft-map-d ... 33380.html
So.. Same answer goes I guess..
Durge
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by Durge »

Hm ok, I tried rebuilding the mpq file using the same map (which I assume is the typical way), but I was having some problems with importing all the files back in because I think there was some protection done on the size of the file (that I assume protects from deprotection), and I tried just building it back into a fresh map, but I still had problems with the bot being able to host it: it would kick me once I download the map (in a regular game) and then not recognize that I have that map downloaded if I join again.
haxorico
Super Moderator

Post by haxorico »

This is more a problem for the map maker to fix. It is his bloody map and if people want to play it he should take care of it...
Still. I haven't messed with bots in a long time. If the bot is fine and .cfg file is good. Only thing that can come mind is MPQCorruption.
NumberXIII
Forum Spammer
Title: Gamma Ray

Post by NumberXIII »

Durge wrote:Hm ok, I tried rebuilding the mpq file using the same map (which I assume is the typical way), but I was having some problems with importing all the files back in because I think there was some protection done on the size of the file (that I assume protects from deprotection), and I tried just building it back into a fresh map, but I still had problems with the bot being able to host it: it would kick me once I download the map (in a regular game) and then not recognize that I have that map downloaded if I join again.

I been experiencing about that, all i need is 8mb limiter bypass :o
Durge
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by Durge »

haxorico wrote:This is more a problem for the map maker to fix. It is his bloody map and if people want to play it he should take care of it...
Still. I haven't messed with bots in a long time. If the bot is fine and .cfg file is good. Only thing that can come mind is MPQCorruption.

Ideally it would be nice if the mapmakers didn't use a protection that eliminated a huge player base, but what can you do = p. I'm just not quite sure on how to go about it since I haven't seen something quite like this before.

NumberXIII wrote:
Durge wrote:Hm ok, I tried rebuilding the mpq file using the same map (which I assume is the typical way), but I was having some problems with importing all the files back in because I think there was some protection done on the size of the file (that I assume protects from deprotection), and I tried just building it back into a fresh map, but I still had problems with the bot being able to host it: it would kick me once I download the map (in a regular game) and then not recognize that I have that map downloaded if I join again.

I been experiencing about that, all i need is 8mb limiter bypass :o

It's a specific protection on korean maps named 'sprotect'.
NumberXIII
Forum Spammer

Post by NumberXIII »

ok i didn't read your whole post, idk what sprotect u talking..provide the map
Durge
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by Durge »

I'll attach an example of a map that uses it to this post.

Edit: I forget if this one specifically uses the same type of protection, but I know it can't be hosted on ENT bots. I know for sure that this map uses "sprotect" though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NumberXIII
Forum Spammer

Post by NumberXIII »

tss 36mb..the map size maybe the problem& there's a specific map size limit on ent bots i think.