wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 9:45 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

...Those all sound like user errors.

1. Your computer is bad. Fact. There is no way that is possible. I have a pretty modest computer and I can run on the highest graphics just fine. Unless you're trying to force settings through your video card's drivers, what you're saying is utter nonsense.
2. Assuming you actually have SC2009 enabled, again, what you said sounds like nonsense. The very beginning weapons, (PM Makarov/PBS), are completely garbage in the normal game, which SC2009 fixed and actually made them do some damage.
3. You stand by him for about three seconds and then he wakes up. Tough, isn't it?

The last thing, is that yes, stealth is completely broken in Stalker. It is nearly impossible to stealth unless you make the range of your knife longer via modding as well as know exactly how the game is going to respond to everything you do. Otherwise you will be screwed over again and again.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 7:43 pm 
Super Moderator

Bartimaeus wrote:
...Those all sound like user errors.

1. Your computer is bad. Fact. There is no way that is possible. I have a pretty modest computer and I can run on the highest graphics just fine. Unless you're trying to force settings through your video card's drivers, what you're saying is utter nonsense.
2. Assuming you actually have SC2009 enabled, again, what you said sounds like nonsense. The very beginning weapons, (PM Makarov/PBS), are completely garbage in the normal game, which SC2009 fixed and actually made them do some damage.
3. You stand by him for about three seconds and then he wakes up. Tough, isn't it?

The last thing, is that yes, stealth is completely broken in Stalker. It is nearly impossible to stealth unless you make the range of your knife longer via modding as well as know exactly how the game is going to respond to everything you do. Otherwise you will be screwed over again and again.

1) total bullshit. Your saying I can run BattleField 3 a modern FPS and I cannot run stalker? If I could have checked FPS in any way, I would. It just seems the game isnt running smooth. Can say really why. Same was on GameTrailers Game Review, it looked not-smooth over there also

2) I have the 2009 thingy. And I emptied an entire magazine into some one from the start from no range what so ever, he didnt die. HS got him in 1 shot though....

3) I Waited, pressed F like a milion times, shot near him to make some noise hoping it will wake him up. Didnt work. Google search said what I told you before. Its a bug from a quest having no time limit.

(02:24:09)
Code:
ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:28) Lanaya: Gtfo ken.
(02:24:33) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs out of the Chat.
(02:24:40) Lanaya: Thought so. bitch.
(02:24:44) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:48) FatherSpace: Can I come back yet?
(02:24:51) Lanaya: What'd i say earlier.
(02:24:51) Lanaya: No.
(02:24:58) FatherSpace: Let's try this...
(02:25:01) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).
Code:

(14:33:51) 2Pac: Do you know what'S so funny?
(14:34:01) Lanaya: No, please show me.
(14:34:07) 2Pac: This.
(14:34:09) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).
(14:34:10) 2Pac:

Code:
(14:35:59) haxorico: No one will belive me if I say "I got this song from 2pac on MSN" lolz ^^
(14:36:02) Lanaya: lolz.
(14:36:16) 2Pac: I AIN'T DEAD FFS.
(14:36:26) 2Pac: I'm a living legend, y'now.
(14:37:17) haxorico: why is 2Pac a legend?
(14:37:28) Lanaya: He's the worse rapper evar.

Code:
(15:42:51) Lanaya: can i suck , . . .

Code:
(13:55:21) ChatBot: 2Pac rolls 1d100 and gets 1.
(13:55:21) ChatBot: haxorico rolls 1d2 and gets 2.
(13:55:27) haxorico: owned?

Code:
GeorgeMots: xplain what happens in SP. Why cant you save?
dast.-:i need play with 2 players

Code:
(21:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
(21:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(21:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

Code:
(10:08:02) Bartimaeus: you do know run I youtube channel for my favorite music, right?

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 12:51 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Here, actually, I made a video for you demonstrating the first ten minutes of gameplay, including the bandit raid/hostage rescue mission and recovering the armour outfit and delivering it to the guy you rescued after he's supposedly 'frozen' in sleep mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNIliQBWvI (make sure you watch it in 720p - youtube gutted the quality otherwise! If it won't go into 720p, refresh the video, pause it before it starts and then set it to 720p and then play)

Things of note:
1. As you might have seen, my knife range is longer, because, as I said, you can't stealth kill if it's not. ;)
2. The shadow shimmering until you come up close to it. Not sure what's up with that. Needs tweaking. I generally play in static lighting because I prefer the art style, though it's technically inferior. Dynamic lighting is so bright and sunshiny...does not fit the game, in my opinion.
3. Antialiasing, is, as normal, broken. Because of the deferred shading engine, (also what Metro 2033 uses), it can't support it unless in DX10/11, neither options which are present in this game - which only has DX8, (static lighting), pseudo-DX9, (objects lighting), and full DX9, (dynamic lighting, which is the most intensive and what I was using). DX10/11, (enhanced dynamic lighting), are present in both Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, however, and antialiasing works there. It's stupid that they pretended there was the option, though.
4. Everything else seemed to work as it should, wouldn't you say? Three bullets to the chest with the weakest gun in the game to kill a bandit. Seems about normal to me. The gun I'm using, by the way, is a PBS - a silenced PM Makarov, which is the gun you start in the beginning, and actually has slightly less power than a Makarov because of it.

If, by not smooth, you mean it pauses for a few seconds every once in a while as you're moving across the map, that's possible, since that means it's loading NPCs as you come into range. That's the only example I can think of, though. And no, I'm saying the exact opposite. If you can run Battlefield 3, you can run Stalker. I suspect, however, if you cannot run Stalker, you cannot run Battlefield 3, ;)

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 2:02 am 
Super Moderator

Wow.. All that for me! Thank you! I may not give up on this game yet :)
Ill check out the video and see what I conclude with (cant play the game, I am back at the boarding school...)

P.S: Is the game open source or something? As how can you just extend your knife range (and as I said before, adding timelimit to your missions)? Or are this just easy mod-tools that game made?

Edit: Well I am extremly sorry, but I had to watch on 360p (the maximum this shitty laptop can carry)
And with no sound (2 roommates are sleeping) regardless. Here is what I concluded.

1) The game just seems to run smooth for you. Ill upload a video when I get home also, we might find something.

2) You just kill them with 3 hits, that is.. Cool! I was on the hardest difficulty as you suggested, and it took more then 3, upload will contain that also - maybe your gun is still more powerful or you added some extra mods you don't remember (doubt that..)

3) I think you might have woke that guy up by using your flash-light. How did you activate it? and what were those squares while using the binaculares?

4) Even though you used a silencer, it didnt seem like your killings were stealthy (I could be wrong, no sound..) so is there a point in the silencer? As you said it actually makes your gun worse. So... Yea..

5) I had to shoot those damn animals so many rounds! (alot of misses but still more than 3) if only I knew the knife takes them down with 1 hit :(

Thats all I can conclude (besides your youtube acc ;)) and I promise that as soon as I get home (probably in 10 days or so...) I will record my current save, and record a new-game just to show you my personal trouble with the game.

The game seems really really good, the kind of game I really like, I think that after we sort the bugs out (hopefully) I can play it normally and finish the entire series.

P.S: Is there a co-op mod of any kind available? It seems like a long game with some MMORPG elemnts, so CO-OP would really fit it.

Code:
Code:

Code:
(14:35:59) haxorico: No one will belive me if I say "I got this song from 2pac on MSN" lolz ^^

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
(10:08:02) Bartimaeus: you do know run I youtube channel for my favorite music, right?

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 3:38 am 
Forum Drunk

Hey Bart did you like metro 2033? I really liked it, though I feel like they have to add new elements to the successor or I won't play it. Like making the metro stations more unique and maybe even adding alternative paths you can take between the stations. They could also improve those factions they had (I remember nazis and communists I think :D) allowing you to side with them and thus have that change the path you play. I am not asking to make the new metro an RPG (Wouldn't like that), I just want it to be a _bit_ less linear and add some depth to characters and story. Also did you like Rage? I know many who didn't like it, but to be it just did a lot right. I even enjoyed those car races :)

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 10:02 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Dekar: I loved Metro 2033. Though it had basically nothing in common with Stalker except that you could shoot guns, I still very much enjoyed it. My favorite parts of the game were the human encounters, where you can stealth kill every single person if you do it just right. I agree with you on the whole alternative paths/improved stations. Also, I would like to have an improved way to get the alternative ending. The way they did it feels rather arbitrary and unfair.

Haven't played Rage.

Haxorico: the game is not open source, though you can extract the game files and pretty much edit anything except the engine itself. Which I did. Yes, like I said, the game pretty much run smooths...as a 2007 shooter should. :D

I'm afraid I must apologize...I was wrong. SC2009 has an additional mod that you're supposed to install, (at least in my opinion), and that is the Realistic Weapons mod. I had forgotten about that because I created my version quite a long time ago and assumed they were a part of the same mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009 Should be right above the Stalker Complete download near the bottom of the page.

The flashlight should be bound to L - I suggest rebinding it to left ALT, as well as check the rest of the binds in the menu and figure out if you're not seeing anything, ;) The binocular's square boxes were just highlighting were enemies are...because...somebody thought it'd be super realistic...to have regular old binoculars...be able to detect life forms and highlight them for your convenience...lol Stalker Complete may have disabled that - can't remember.

Yes, you're right - as mentioned before, you can't really stealth kill in Stalker Complete, especially not with guns, even if they are silenced. The only way to kill someone without anyone noticing...is if you kill them with your knife with nobody else in a roughly fifteen foot radius. Otherwise the rest of their group will be alerted. It's really stupid, and I may look into fixing it sometime in the future.

Yep. The knife is pretty awesome for mutant killing - especially if you have the range increased! If you don't, you will have a really hard - if not impossible - time of actually hitting them because the knife range is so short.

There is no co-op. There's a crappy online mode, but that's just killing each other, and also nobody plays Stalker for the multiplayer so there are pretty much no servers except a few Ukrainian/Russian ones, :P

Other notes about my version that your version won't have: restored the cut mutants. Stalker originally had a few more type of mutants that were cut, and I restored them and placed spawns around the world, (including the cat I killed in the video - that is not a SC2009/vanilla mutant). My artifacts, (if you don't know what they are, they're basically little items you find around the game world that have special properties that you can equip), are firstly more balanced: they overpowered artifacts were nerfed, and then weak artifacts buffed. I also made it so I could 16 artifact slots as opposed to the normal 5, because without it, there wasn't much point in using them as you could only get a few random bonuses that didn't do much on their own. An armor type was restored, and armor in general was somewhat rebalanced. Unique weapons are armor were rebalanced. A few more tasks, (mini-quests), were enabled. Tasks were enabled to be so I can grab them all at one time without having to wait, firstly, for parts of the main quest to be completed, and secondly, for the previous task of that type to be completed if I had already taken one. When using ironsights, your weapon don't zoom. And probably a bunch of other stuff I can't remember that I did.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 10:36 am 
Forum Drunk

Yeah the endings in Metro suck, I had the bad one nuking everything which also is the one they use as the background story for the next Metro. I overall really hated how they added "freedom" since I never even realized I had any choices till after I had finished the game and friends told me about it. The only choice I realized I had was that boy asking for money. They shouldn't have added several endings if they just omit the chosen one for the next game anyway.

Concerning stalker it really sounds like what I remember it to be. Totally imbalanced. I didn't install any mods and play it right after the release. I also had the getting-crushed-by-money ending. Those endings were too weird in my opinion.

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 1:09 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

@Metro: to get the "good" ending, you just basically had to do good deeds as well as...random things. For example, giving a bullet to a beggar in one of the friendly stations, (or the kid - or the guy who was asking for bullets for medicine) would get you a "good" point. And...things like...listening to the enemy's conversations...before murdering them. And in those dreams, if you went to the Dark Ones instead of the Rangers/running away, you'd get good points. Stuff like that. While I understand the first one, the second and third ones are rather silly. You're under the impression the Dark Ones are evil - why would you run to them? And listening to some enemies talk? Psh.

Haxorico, don't read ahead if you're going to play Stalker: Stalker did the same sort of thing. If you were a really popular, (read: not murdering random people), stalker, you'd get one ending. If you were really unpopular, another. If you murdered the faction leaders of Duty/Freedom, you'd get something else, etc. The money one is if you have a crapton of money and don't fall under any other categories. Also, you're not actually supposed to go to the Monolith...if you were paying attention to the story and met up with Guide and Doctor, (your buddies before you had amnesia), you would've learned, firstly, that you're Strelok and that you had amnesia from being hit by a gigantic blowout, and that the "Monolith" found you and brainwashed you to kill Strelok, (yourself), due to Strelok's knowledge of the zone and knowing the real secret of the zone. The secret being that the entire Monolith was a lie, and just an illusion manufactured by a machine created by scientists who were attempting to use mind control on the world that failed horribly, which created the Zone. All they could do then was try and reign in the zone, or so the say. If you find that out, you're supposed to go through an alternative pathway in the CNPP and kill the scientists, who are hooked up to some sort of brain hive that allowed them to created a super consciousness - C-Consciousness. It is likely they are lying, as every time someone makes it to the Monolith, they take them and then add them to the brain hive - significantly expanding the zone.

The only imbalanced bit of Stalker is the artifacts. You have the same amount of health as enemies, and they can use all the armor and guns you do, which they do. But none of them uses artifacts, which can do reduce radiation, increase health regeneration, give you more endurance, stop bleeding, make you more resistant to bullets or invalid attacks, etc. AI is pretty dumb a lot of the times, giving up a lot of their tactical and position advantage for no reason, but they still know how to shoot. Take one burst from a high end rifle, and you're dead no matter what you have equipped.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 2:07 pm 
Super Moderator

So, a mod was missing :) I knew i know how to count (atleast count to 3)
Ill install that mode, and if possible, can you link me to a knife mod?
Game seems to have a lot of flaws, but loved by the community that fixes them (why no patch fixes were made? Game is supposed to be fixed by the makers...)

As for Rage - I played it as soon as it came out. I really loved the game, besides the fact, that for some reason. I kept feeling like I'm in the tutorial all the way to the end of the game, I mean even at the last missions they explain everything to you like a beginner and the credits came, I was like, WTF? Although after a look-back, I noticed I was playing for a pretty long time, but didn't notice. I don't know why I felt like in a tutorial the whole game. But I really enjoyed it. My only complain is that it isn't that much open world. Even after a second play (that I didn't finish) I tried to just get my buggy or any other car I had out and look for something to do. Nothing came up, and it just hurts, it had so much potential in that matter. I played the entire campaign without crafting a single-item (I just never found my self in the need for it) and I mostly used my regular bullets, as I thought I should save them for some boss that is about to pop at any second, a boss that never came. So what I did in the 2nd play through, I just always use my best guns. Ammo and money aint that much of a problem. You always have ammo (didnt don't click me ammo a single time also). And I guess I was expecting more.
And the ending sux =\

Code:
Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 2:36 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Just extract the gamedata folder to your Stalker directory - should ask for overwrite. If not, you're doing it wrong. :P

Extends range of the attack from 1.6 feet to 5 feet - unrealistic, but necessary.

Assuming you're playing a pirated version, make sure you're patched to 1.0005. (You can check this by opening up the game and checking the bottom left corner - should say ver. 1.0005 or something similar - if there's nothing there, you need to patch.) If you're not patched, then just download and install this patch: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/STALK ... atch;84305

Don't install 1.0006. Nor 1.0007, lol. Those are patches that fixed the multiplayer somewhat, but broke the singleplayer.

If you do have to patch, go back to the main directory of the game, open up fsgame.ltx, and make sure:

$game_data$ = true| false| $fs_root$| gamedata\

is

$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

if it's not already.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next