wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Collisions FAQ
PostPosted: June 10th, 2009, 11:21 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
This thread is designed to help teach you a bit about collisions. Many people have heard of collisions, but really don't know a thing about it, don't bother to search and see if their question has already been asked, and start posting in a topic. Hopefully, you will now check this before asking a question.

[line][/line]

What are collisions?
A collided map is a map that, to WC3, appears to be the original. This is useful, because we can modify the original map, collide it so WC3 thinks it's the original, and join a game that is hosting the original. WC3 will think you have the original, and won't force you to download. So, while everyone else is playing the original, you have cheats. Sounds awesome, right?

What are the limits on collisions?
Pretty much anything you want to do will cause a desync, which messes up the game. You can't modify values, because your map would think the modified values are correct, but the host and the other players' maps will not. Then, when any of those modified values are called in your map, everyone else's client still sees the original, while yours doesn't. And the game desyncs.

I have WC3 v1.23, can I use a collided map?
No, collided maps only work on patch v1.22 or lower.

Can I put a cheatpack in a collided map?
No.

Can you put just this one cheat from this cheatpack in, instead of the whole cheatpack?
Nope.

How do you collide a map, then?
Well, for each map, you need to write some custom triggers that won't cause desyncs. This usually involves at least some knowledge of Jass. If you don't know Jass, there's no way you'll be able to write triggers that will work (or triggers at all, for that matter!). You can copy the triggers from another collided map, but those triggers were written specifically for that version of that map. If you're just copying them from an old collided map to a newer version, then variables have probably changed names, and you'll need to figure out what they've changed to. If you can't find a collided map for the specific map you want collided, then there's no way you'll be able to copy over the codes. They just won't work, because they are custom designed for that specific map.
To actually collide the map, download rnbby's Autocollider from his blog: http://iliganshack.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... lider.html Then, put the original map in the folder with collider.exe. Put the war3map.j with your cheats into the Scripts folder inside the changes folder inside auto-collider's folder (easier way to explain: ./changes/Scripts ). Run collider.exe with the map's filename as an argument in quotes ( collider.exe "Map Name.w3x" ). After it finishes, the collided map will be in the result folder inside auto-collider's folder ( ./result ).

I downloaded a collided map. What do I do now?
If you have a copy of the original map, delete it. Then, put the collided map into your Downloads folder (on Windows, it's typically C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Downloads\ ). Launch WC3, log in to Battle.Net, and find someone that's hosting the original. Just join the game and play.

Can you collide this map for me?
No.

Can I make a request for a collided map?
Again, no, you can't. Your topic will be trashed, and you will receive two warnings (remember that 3 gets you banned!).

[line][/line]

Hopefully, this will answer the majority of your questions about collisions. If you have any questions about collisions in general, please post them here and I'll try to help you. If you have a question about a specific map, don't post it here. Find the topic that you got the collided map from, and post it there. I don't want this thread to be filled with questions about DotA, and how to use a command in this map, etc. etc. ad nauseum.
Thank you.

~Senethior459
WC3EDIT.NET RULEZ!!1!!one!

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle

Post subject: Re: Collisions FAQ
PostPosted: June 12th, 2009, 8:34 am 
Newcomer

the auto-collider doesnt seem 2 work for 6.60....
ive already used auto-collider on the previous versions and it worked well...
is everyone else having the same problem? or is it just me? is it possible that icefrog change the way he made 6.60 so taht the auto-collider cant collide the map properly?

PostPosted: June 12th, 2009, 3:11 pm 
V.I.P.

The size is the problem. 4mb limit.

I've already included flush() in the collider but I dunno why it doesn't work as expected.

Neways, here's a fix. After colliding, open the map from any MPQ (mpq-explorer, mpq-master, etc..) and run FLUSH.

gl

PostPosted: June 12th, 2009, 4:54 pm 

yeah i have a same problem....but when i play it on single player its work but when joining i need to redownload it??

is anyone know how to resolve it??

PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 12:37 am 
Newcomer

map collided 6.60 for work 1.22 ? :?:

PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 5:08 am 
Forum Addict

Title: 2ecchi4me
The program seems not to work with me. I think it might be my computer because I am following the step correctly.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 5:41 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Enishiyuki22 wrote:
The program seems not to work with me. I think it might be my computer because I am following the step correctly.

Everybody who's ever attempted to follow instructions has said that, lol. Might want to give us more information on what you're doing, though.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 6:14 am 
Newcomer

rnbby wrote:
The size is the problem. 4mb limit.

I've already included flush() in the collider but I dunno why it doesn't work as expected.

Neways, here's a fix. After colliding, open the map from any MPQ (mpq-explorer, mpq-master, etc..) and run FLUSH.

gl

will try it when i get home....ill post the results here...

EDIT:
it worked :twisted:

thx man, didnt know abt that 4mb limit b4....

PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 7:47 pm 
Newcomer

what do u mean by flush()?
hw to use it?

i have the same problem, the map is too big... please help.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 4:52 am 
Newcomer

kennyyu wrote:
what do u mean by flush()?
hw to use it?

i have the same problem, the map is too big... please help.

rnbby said that the flush() in his collider isnt working properly... so u have to manually flush the map 2 reduce its size...

2 do this u need to open the map in MPQ Master or watever mpq editing program ur using and use the flush commad