HOW TO CHANGE WARCRAFT VERSIONS (1.20e to 1.21a and back)

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

ionut177

HOW TO CHANGE WARCRAFT VERSIONS (1.20e to 1.21a and back)

Post by ionut177 »

Step 1.
Looking for these follow file in your Warcraft3 folder:

* game.dll
* ijl15.dll
* Mss32.dll
* Storm.dll
* war3.exe

Now,COPY these file, and put them in a folder (no inside the Warcraft directory) named after your curent Warcraft versions(1.20e/1.21)

Step 2.

FOR 1.20e USERS
If you're still in 1.20e, upgrade to 1.21 via the Blizzard site. Put the patcher in the Warcraft Directory, and double click.
Once you're at 1.21, copy the same file stated above, and put them in a folder named 1.21.

FOR 1.21 USERS
If you're already at 1.21, download 1.20e file here: 1.20e File
Extract these, follow step 3.

Step 3.
Download this crack. 1.21 Crack
Extract the files, and copy all the files in the folder into your Warcraft directory.

Step 4.
You should have 2 folders, with the name 1.21 and 1.20e. Now, if you want to play 1.20e, simply COPY the file into the Warcraft directory, andoverwrite. If you want to convert back to 1.21, COPY the file inthe1.21 folder and paste them into the Warcraft directory.

Notes:

* COPY THE FILE. COPY. Do not cut.
* If you are at 1.20e, DON'T just download the War3 Conversion Files without upgrading to 1.21. THIS WILL CAUSE FATAL ERRORS.
* 1.21a and 1.21 are one and the same.

Edit by Durchdringen:

1.21a and 1.21e can be found here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fmej12tdnim

Detailed Instructions included in download. See READ ME!

For the war3.exe No-CD Crack files please visit the following link http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/warcraft3thefrozenthrone.shtml

If you need a more previous version, request it, and I'll upload those as well. I just posted 1.21a and 1.21e because they have been in use for over a year and not many people want to see 2-3+ yr old replays.

This program will suit you much better. It's called Ever-Craft made by EightCounts.

http://www.eightcounts.net/eVer-Craft.zip

Spoiler:
ArCh4nGeL on dotaportal wrote

well if this does'nt work out for you then simply reinstall, takes 30 minutes maximum.

anyway first of all try to find an older version of war3.exe and paste it on your Warcraft III folder.
the version should be before the patch that the replay was made.

then download the patch or if you already have it, open it.

any patch starting from 1.18 should replace any cracks.

you would'nt want to watch any replay before 1.18 anyway. so do that.

and also make sure to keep a copy of Warcraft III folder in another drive or as another name somewhere else, just incase the steps stuff up.

I have written a "warcraft zei-like" program that easily switches versions of Warcraft 3!

eVer-Craft.zip 35.6MB

This is not compatible with MAC OS. (sorry)

Enclosed in the .zip is a setup application that will install eVer-Craft on your PC.
For people that shout "Its a virus!" "It will steal my cd-key/acct.":
I can only give you my word that its made with no malicious intent. I have been on these forums for a while now and if there is one thing I pride myself on is being honest. As of now I have no plans to release the source code. I would be willing to share it with someone like ZEI who has written a similar program that is now not supported.

This program will not get you banned from playing Battle.Net. It does not change any files (other than when you patch). It merely moves key files which will allow you to reverse patch. If you have any questions about my algorithm please email me at eVer-Craft (at) EightCounts (dot) net.

The total space that is used when you install is just under 50MB. This includes allowing the user to reverse patch to 1.01 and 1.11.
For every other version you will have to DL the standalone patch.
Simply open the ReadMe.txt file and follow the simple instructions on how to operate eVer-Craft.

As this is a Beta, there is no guarantee that it will work without error. I have made every effort to make the program as user-friendly and error-proof as possible. With that being said, if an error would occur, the worst case scenario is that you may have to reinstall warcraft again. So if you dont have the install discs and your CD keys, then you should maybe think about not chancing it. Again, eVer-Craft has worked fine for me when I have tested it.

So DL some old school audios and listen to your favorite commentator entertain you as you can now watch those replays with eVer-Craft!

Thanks to GeorgeMots for finding the program and the information associated with it.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: HOW TO CHANGE WARCRAFT VERSIONS (1.20e to 1.21a and back)

Post by Bartimaeus »

ionut177 wrote:Step 1.
Looking for these follow file in your Warcraft3 folder:

* game.dll
* ijl15.dll
* Mss32.dll
* Storm.dll
* war3.exe

Now,COPY these file, and put them in a folder (no inside the Warcraft directory) named after your curent Warcraft versions(1.20e/1.21)

Step 2.

FOR 1.20e USERS
If you're still in 1.20e, upgrade to 1.21 via the Blizzard site. Put the patcher in the Warcraft Directory, and double click.
Once you're at 1.21, copy the same file stated above, and put them in a folder named 1.21.

FOR 1.21 USERS
If you're already at 1.21, download 1.20e file here: 1.20e File
Extract these, follow step 3.

Step 3.
Download this crack. 1.21 Crack
Extract the files, and copy all the files in the folder into your Warcraft directory.

Step 4.
You should have 2 folders, with the name 1.21 and 1.20e. Now, if you want to play 1.20e, simply COPY the file into the Warcraft directory, andoverwrite. If you want to convert back to 1.21, COPY the file inthe1.21 folder and paste them into the Warcraft directory.

Notes:

* COPY THE FILE. COPY. Do not cut.
* If you are at 1.20e, DON'T just download the War3 Conversion Files without upgrading to 1.21. THIS WILL CAUSE FATAL ERRORS.
* 1.21a and 1.21 are one and the same.

i have the file for 1.21a........... http://rapidshare.com/files/79556310/1.21a.rar

SOME ONE SHOULD PUT THE FILE FOR 1.21E PLS................And sorry for my English

What's 1.21a? I've never heard of this...:O
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

Bartimaeus wrote:What's 1.21a? I've never heard of this...:O

It's a previous version of Warcraft.

Let's say you wanted to watch a replay from like 2 years ago or so. You would have to change your dlls and things so that you could watch it. Each time Warcraft 3 updates, the replays that are from games before the update are unwatchable unless you put in the correct version dlls, which is what ionut177 posted on how to do. 1.21e is the version we are currently on, 1.21a was before this I believe, and it goes back to 1.07 or something. I doubt many people watch older replays, but it's nice to have when you scroll to a topic and find a replay you are interested in seeing, and find that it is incompatible with the current version.

Thx for the post ionut177.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Durchdringen wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:What's 1.21a? I've never heard of this...:O

It's a previous version of Warcraft.

Let's say you wanted to watch a replay from like 2 years ago or so. You would have to change your dlls and things so that you could watch it. Each time Warcraft 3 updates, the replays that are from games before the update are unwatchable unless you put in the correct version dlls, which is what ionut177 posted on how to do. 1.21e is the version we are currently on, 1.21a was before this I believe, and it goes back to 1.07 or something. I doubt many people watch older replays, but it's nice to have when you scroll to a topic and find a replay you are interested in seeing, and find that it is incompatible with the current version.

Thx for the post ionut177.

I see. Thanks, I suppose. I don't watch replays, but hey, if I ever was to watch a replay. (Edit) I could do this. wtf happened to the end of my sentence...
Last edited by Bartimaeus on December 28th, 2007, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ionut177

Post by ionut177 »

now some one could put the .dll files in a arhive and upload somewhere? (for vers. 1.20e)
don't forget the loader>>"war3.exe"
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

I'll packed versions 1.21a and 1.21e for you and uploaded them. Also included detail instructions for the not so computer savvy.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

There is a program that changes version just so you can watch replays, ill edit later once i remember it.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

Ya, i know of the program, but I have never had access to it. It would be much better than doing the .dll swap.

Spoiler:
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

Got it, its evercraft
http://www.eightcounts.net/eVer-Craft.zip

I dont know how to use this program either but i know it works

Spoiler:
ArCh4nGeL on dotaportal wrote

well if this does'nt work out for you then simply reinstall, takes 30 minutes maximum.

anyway first of all try to find an older version of war3.exe and paste it on your Warcraft III folder.
the version should be before the patch that the replay was made.

then download the patch or if you already have it, open it.

any patch starting from 1.18 should replace any cracks.

you would'nt want to watch any replay before 1.18 anyway. so do that.

and also make sure to keep a copy of Warcraft III folder in another drive or as another name somewhere else, just incase the steps stuff up.

I have written a "warcraft zei-like" program that easily switches versions of Warcraft 3!

eVer-Craft.zip 35.6MB

This is not compatible with MAC OS. (sorry)

Enclosed in the .zip is a setup application that will install eVer-Craft on your PC.
For people that shout "Its a virus!" "It will steal my cd-key/acct.":
I can only give you my word that its made with no malicious intent. I have been on these forums for a while now and if there is one thing I pride myself on is being honest. As of now I have no plans to release the source code. I would be willing to share it with someone like ZEI who has written a similar program that is now not supported.

This program will not get you banned from playing Battle.Net. It does not change any files (other than when you patch). It merely moves key files which will allow you to reverse patch. If you have any questions about my algorithm please email me at eVer-Craft (at) EightCounts (dot) net.

The total space that is used when you install is just under 50MB. This includes allowing the user to reverse patch to 1.01 and 1.11.
For every other version you will have to DL the standalone patch.
Simply open the ReadMe.txt file and follow the simple instructions on how to operate eVer-Craft.

As this is a Beta, there is no guarantee that it will work without error. I have made every effort to make the program as user-friendly and error-proof as possible. With that being said, if an error would occur, the worst case scenario is that you may have to reinstall warcraft again. So if you dont have the install discs and your CD keys, then you should maybe think about not chancing it. Again, eVer-Craft has worked fine for me when I have tested it.

So DL some old school audios and listen to your favorite commentator entertain you as you can now watch those replays with eVer-Craft!
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

Ya, I just found it myself haha. I found it at skillhackerz though. Nice job George.

Spoiler: