Is it possible to convert an MDX model into hexadecimal code

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Amaia
Newcomer

Is it possible to convert an MDX model into hexadecimal code

Post by Amaia »

I recently cracked a map which was encrypted. The file extensions inside the map were all changed to xxx. I used an MPQ editor to scan the file names and extracted some models from it. However, these models couldn't be opened by War3ModelEditor; it indicated they were not MDX files. When I opened them with Notepad, I found that these models were actually a large amount of hexadecimal strings.
Then I also found a strange exe program inside this map, which my computer couldn't open. I'll attach the model files, the exe program, and the program code obtained after decompilation.
If possible, I hope someone can tell me how to convert these models that have been converted into hexadecimal code back into normal usable models.
This is code:

Code: Select all

// PE file does not contain any managed metadata.

ICSharpCode.Decompiler.Metadata.PEFileNotSupportedException: PE file does not contain any managed metadata.
   at ICSharpCode.ILSpyX.LoadedAssembly.LoadAsync(Task`1 streamTask) in /_/ICSharpCode.ILSpyX/LoadedAssembly.cs:line 378
   at ICSharpCode.ILSpy.TreeNodes.AssemblyTreeNode.Decompile(Language language, ITextOutput output, DecompilationOptions options)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
devoltz
Forum Staff

Re: Is it possible to convert an MDX model into hexadecimal

Post by devoltz »

these asians are going so far on protect stuff
Amaia
Newcomer

Post by Amaia »

devoltz wrote:these asians are going so far on protect stuff
Have you ever encountered this type of model encryption? I have cracked many maps, but this is indeed the first time I have seen such a situation.
devoltz
Forum Staff

Post by devoltz »

Amaia wrote:Have you ever encountered this type of model encryption?
yeah, mostly on chinese maps with that bytecode conversion, idk how to deal with it.