Questions and Answers about Un-Important Things!

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Re: Questions and Answers about Un-Important Things!

Post by Senethior459 »

How could you say that the moon landing was faked? Seriously, there is so much proof showing that it ISN'T! The sunlight being at weird angles are due to the fact that not only is there sunlight coming from the sun, but also being reflected from the earth and the moon itself. There's light coming from more than one source, that's why the shadows are distorted.
My English teacher had a friend, and when I was talking with a friend about a bunch of common misconceptions, she remembered that he had written a book like that, and brought it in for me. Her friend was Philip Plait, and the book was "Bad Astronomy". I highly recommend it, by the way, it's an interesting book if you like astronomy. Anyway, I won't post the whole chapter, but I'll give you the link to his website page that deals with the "hoax". Honestly, I can sum up the whole thing: THE HOAX IS A HOAX! There is all sorts of proof showing that the pictures were indeed NOT faked, and we in fact DID go to the moon. This is one type of thing that I have problems with, people falling for conspiracy theories that can be so easily disproven by anyone with the slightest education.

Quite a few things are considered "Masonic symbols". Honestly, I've never seen a double-headed eagle anywhere, and I go to my local Lodge all the time, because my dad belongs to it and I help out at a bunch of the public events, like pancake breakfasts.

The first rocket effectively was a V2 rocket, because we had no specialized rockets back then, no engines. Why not use missiles? They're strong, they had the propulsion required.

NASA wasn't founded by Nazis. NASA was formed by the government. It was a branch-off of NACA. It had a few Germans in it, a few former Nazis, but that's because they were brilliant engineers. Werner von Braun was a Nazi because if he was to continue in his work, he had no choice. If he hadn't joined the Party, they wouldn't have let him keep working; they might have thrown him in a concentration camp.

Neal Armstrong wasn't just a Freemason, he was also involved in the Boy Scouts of America too, he reached Eagle. The Freemasons aren't as powerful as people think. A Scottish Rite Freemason just means that they were dedicated to reaching the top. 32nd degree Freemasons just have learned more about the beliefs and systems of Freemasonry. Besides... You can actually reach 33 degrees in the Scottish Rite. Not 32, so I don't know why you point out the fact that he's 32nd degree. 33rd is only reached by very few who are truly dedicated to Freemasonry, though.

The phrase "The Eagle has landed." refers to the name of their ship. The Lunar Module was named the Eagle, the command module was named Columbia. That phrase just meant that they had touched down safely, and they were reporting this fact back to Mission Control.

They had problems landing them on Earth because the gravity was different, so they needed six times the amount of fuel to provide the same amount of lift. That changes things quite a bit.

I agree with you about Bush, though. The USAPATRIOT (by the way, that's an acronym... It stands for Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism. How ridiculous is it that they took the time to figure out how to say that and make it an acronym that made sense? Waste of time and resources!) act was probably one of the most unconstitutional things ever created, and I hope that it's abolished within the first month of the term of the next president, whoever it is.

----------------
Now playing: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
via FoxyTunes
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
initialD
Some Honorary Title
Title: Angry Bird

Re: Questions and Answers about Un-Important Things!

Post by initialD »

wow.
this is getting complicated.
and don't assume the lazy initialD to read so many long posts.

lol