B.net Map Size Limit

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: B.net Map Size Limit

Post by Bartimaeus »

King-Bushido wrote:
PatruX wrote:
Durchdringen wrote:There shouldn't be any restrictions on LAN, I have played a 16 MB map over LAN. I was using Hamachi at the time.

Only way I can see that it would be a problem is if you were using a Server that used the same map check techniques that Battle.net uses.
Any chance that you can confirm that this works?
What map were you playing, version of Warcraft etc?
stop double posting ... i have mercy..so dont do that again or get a warning !
He can double post for that. He was merely letting others know that he posted. I've done it before. If he had edited his post, no one would've ever known.
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Re: B.net Map Size Limit

Post by Durchdringen »

PatruX wrote:
Durchdringen wrote:There shouldn't be any restrictions on LAN, I have played a 16 MB map over LAN. I was using Hamachi at the time.

Only way I can see that it would be a problem is if you were using a Server that used the same map check techniques that Battle.net uses.
Any chance that you can confirm that this works?
What map were you playing, version of Warcraft etc?

It's been a long time ago, like 2-3 years ago. We were playing LoL Special Edition, it was about a 16 MB map with all kinds of custom skins and icons. I can't recall the version, but it did work.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!
Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!