Collisions FAQ

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

nitez

Re: Collisions FAQ

Post by nitez »

In a imba map 6.59d there is a a lot of editing skill but if i want to add a new hero skill ( like sir Hillo collide version )
how can i find what function did i want to edit. ??

sorry for the bad english.. i dont know how to explain it well :roll:
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

You can't.
nitez

Post by nitez »

^
what are sir mean that i cant.. so why sir hillo can add a new command to his imba map
that i know he add new command to witch doctor , etc..
so why cant it to add new command to a new hero...

:?:
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Basically, if you're going to continue with questions like this, you're going to get ignored or flamed. Here is some info by Senethior459:

What are the limits on collisions?
Pretty much anything you want to do will cause a desync, which messes up the game. You can't modify values, because your map would think the modified values are correct, but the host and the other players' maps will not. Then, when any of those modified values are called in your map, everyone else's client still sees the original, while yours doesn't. And the game desyncs.

If only your game has an ability, and you cast it, what do you think will happen?
nitez

Post by nitez »

sorry i'm not going to flamed or what else ..
sorry again ..
i know if edited some ability can make disconnect when play bnet..
but i mean is how to search a hero ability in that map.. im only want to try make my own edited..
i see many people can make their own map with a new hero ability edited.. so how can they know that..
im already search for that ability in the map but i cant see it.. is there i can search for it in war3map.w3u or what else...
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

If you just wanted to know how to edit an ability, may I ask why you're asking that in the collision FAQ? That's what leads me to believe you mean for collision. :?

Anyways, the abilities information is stored by the .w3a. I'm not sure how you would edit it, though.
kckarl_05
Newcomer

Post by kckarl_05 »

Bartimaeus wrote:Basically, if you're going to continue with questions like this, you're going to get ignored or flamed. Here is some info by Senethior459:

What are the limits on collisions?
Pretty much anything you want to do will cause a desync, which messes up the game. You can't modify values, because your map would think the modified values are correct, but the host and the other players' maps will not. Then, when any of those modified values are called in your map, everyone else's client still sees the original, while yours doesn't. And the game desyncs.

If only your game has an ability, and you cast it, what do you think will happen?
hahaha now i understand what "modifying values" means... so this means that the only cheats available for collided maps are maphacks and gold? or there is more? sorry this is the first time i encounter such...
Small Sized Duck
Noob
Title: LSD.

Post by Small Sized Duck »

You can't do anything that effects other players.
You can't do anything server side.
Or you will de-synch
IceMan

Post by IceMan »

Senethior459 wrote: What are the limits on collisions?
A little copy and paste from (Page 16 of 19)
http://forum.wc3edit.net/fulfilled-requ ... 7-150.html
initialD wrote:
IceMan wrote:Has anybody tried the collided map from this website?

http://www.d3scene.com/forum/warcraft-3 ... l-map.html

It is by someone called "The4Got10" apparently there are stat hacks in there unfortunately the place where I play uses 1.23 so I can only try this in LAN and single player mode. Doom's Devour ability to max out my gold is quite fun, although I can't seem to get the Pudge hack which modifies his strength to work.
Stats cheats are for undying(str) and obsedian(int) only. Pudge would never get more than +1 strength per kill. It doesn't work even though the comman list says it works.
The max strength bonus you can get per unit kill is 1.
So how did The4Got10 do his stat cheats in his collided version of cheated dota?
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Why are you asking us? PMs are there for a reason.