General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

DarkAngel
Newcomer

Re: Looking for VJass Mappers.

Post by DarkAngel »

Last edited by DarkAngel on November 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

He created JASSHelper to allow it to precompile vJass so Jass could be an OOP.

He modified his optmiser to compliment both.

Basically, Cracking a vJass map is alot harder when it's optimised/Protected.

Ask him yourself.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Post by Aero »

I can help you if you want.

Also...
Risen wrote:Oh, Yeah I forgot, if you use vJass to a certain extent, The map pretty much can't be deprotected by xdep alone, It involves hours of rewriting the material from scratch.

You had me there, lol.

Oh, Btw, If you can't find any vJassers here, Check out Clan BoM, They're probably the most advanced mapmaking clan (in maturity/skill) so go ahead and check 'em out, They have a website too;
http://www.ClanBoM.com
Yeah, gl, clan BoM doesn't really map. They just write some scripts from time to time and answer questions. It's ironic that even though clan BoM is where the skill is at, it's not where the maps are at.
Risen wrote:He created JASSHelper to allow it to precompile vJass so Jass could be an OOP.

He modified his optmiser to compliment both.

Basically, Cracking a vJass map is alot harder when it's optimised/Protected.

Ask him yourself.
JassNewGen was a collaboration project. And cracking a vJASS map is equally easy as cracking any normal map; I have no idea what you're talking about.
And he didn't really modify his optimizer. His optimizer is for JASS...and vJASS is just precompiled into JASS. So, in some twisted way I suppose you could say that.

It's really like saying... This program is for (a). But (a==b). Therefore his program is for (b).
DarkAngel
Newcomer

Post by DarkAngel »

Last edited by DarkAngel on November 19th, 2013, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkAngel
Newcomer

Post by DarkAngel »

Last edited by DarkAngel on November 19th, 2013, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkAngel
Newcomer

Post by DarkAngel »

Last edited by DarkAngel on November 19th, 2013, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

There really isn't a need to use vJass. You seem to think that it's better, but it really isn't. vJass does introduce some extra features, but you honestly don't need them for most maps.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

Ordinary jass is fine, The only features I find useful in vJass is libraries, scopes, and structs, each are relatively easy to adapt to.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
DarkAngel
Newcomer

Post by DarkAngel »

Last edited by DarkAngel on November 19th, 2013, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwypaas

Post by Gwypaas »

Senethior459 wrote:There really isn't a need to use vJass. You seem to think that it's better, but it really isn't. vJass does introduce some extra features, but you honestly don't need them for most maps.
Ordinary jass is fine, The only features I find useful in vJass is libraries, scopes, and structs, each are relatively easy to adapt to.
It is better, your code will be alot more efficient if you use the struct method for attachment aka, index and arrays compared to Gamecache and I2H which screws up your handle count and also is alot slower.

Almost everything in JASSHelper is made to make your code look cleaner and be faster, and it actully does if you use it right, it will take less time to write the code, it will take less time to debug it and in the end it will almost always be more efficient compared to normal JASS code.