[Help] Two GUI Spell Triggers

For fulfilled maps that most likely don't work on the latest patch (1.24 or later).

Moderator: Cheaters

Shaman-of-Death
Newcomer

[Help] Two GUI Spell Triggers

Post by Shaman-of-Death »

Hi i know this sounds weird and all, but i have a problem when i upgrade spell books using GUI triggers, for example, the spells from the Basic ability spellbook are mixing with the Advanced ones, and also i was wondering if a way to order the spells in the weakest to strongest, so like the one u get at level 1 on the top left, and the last one is at bot right (the 11th spell). Im trying to use triggers, for eg, when a hero gets to level, the spell book level is upgraded to level 2. Do i have to destroy the current abils in it so it doesnt stack and all? Please help

the 2nd problem is when i do area type spells, i do them so they do the attribute damage, for example 5x agi inarea of 500 of the target area, but problem is, if allies or i am in the area it damages me too, i was wondering if a way so it only does damage to one or two players, or enemies of the player... thanks again

Much Apreciated :)
Arabidnun
Forum Staff
Title: Gui Expert

Re: [Help] Two GUI Spell Triggers

Post by Arabidnun »

You spells can be moved in order if you use the X Y axis in the object editor

This is basically what it looks likem like a graph:
--Y-Y-Y-Y
X-O-1-2-3
X-1-O-O-O
X-2-O-O-O
X-3-O-O-O
GhettoChild
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: OxyContin

Post by GhettoChild »

Make conditions so it doesn't damage your allies.
You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes.
DL.PIGGY
Newcomer

Post by DL.PIGGY »

For #2, instead of using damage area, use pick all units within AOE of point matching conditionns (ill guess :belongs to enemy, is alive etc.) and then cause triggering unit to damage picked unit dealing wad ever damage.
TechGeek001

Post by TechGeek001 »

#1: If I'm understanding this right, you should be able to do something like how Caster upgrades work, with multiple levels. And as was mentioned above, you can position the icons using X-Y data

0 1 2 3

#2: Without the exact trigger info, I can't know exactly what to do, but I would do something like this:
Actions:
if conditions = true do actions
Condition: if unit does not belong to owner of unit casting an ability
Action: add attribute -5 agility

It's hard without WE open, but that's my best guess from memory.