wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 28th, 2018, 7:47 pm 

Very draftly written, that's why it's posted in General Section instead of Guide Sections and needing collaboration.

changelogs:
version1: 08/29/2018 ~ Initial Release of Hopefully Soon a Collaborative Map Translation Git-powered Guide

2 common methods of translating is manual and via machine translation (use full document translation of BING via MS WORD 2010, or PROMT via 30day Trial). For manual, I prefer to use notepad++ with search and replace function.

*tick regular expression
Find:
(\b((?:(?![a-zA-Z])\pL){1,})\b)

Replace:
<replace with your knowledge of translation in my case I use yandex bing promt onlinefreetransdoc >

It's actually a mixture of both (and my aim is for it to be more common for anyone to probably help in anyway in translation maybe via Git-related collaboration). There's nodeJS translate (not mine) program (which supports wc3 format to JSON format maybe for easier machine translation). It war3maptranslator iirc. has mostly common files for translate except war3map.j (buffs, abilities, item, unit, etc.)

WarToJSON: https://www.npmjs.com/package/wc3maptranslator/v/1.1.0

That's it for now, I plan to do this bit by bit as I do not have much time as I have before. Enthusiasm-wise it still nearly the same.

Gonna link soon my translated map and Git source as well. Lazily translated but at least it's a start.
Meme Naruto Shippuden 0.1 (on epicwar.com)

@Vegas, Ikr but I currently hoping people would help me, right now this is the least thing I can do.

Last edited by XD! on August 30th, 2018, 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2018, 8:57 pm 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
Machine translation makes a mess of any idioms and word for word meanings. I did this dozens of times to a German map and the manual translation (after I actually learned German) was much better than machine.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2018, 1:38 am 
Newcomer

Title: The Scribe of God
How can we do the translations? I've been looking for the best method but I end up having trouble dealing with the Choice Battle map.

What I want to say, being more specific, is how I can open the file in MPQ so that I can do the translations myself and later make them fake.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2018, 1:21 pm 

My suggestion is to build a community to make the task lighter I assume it's a big map since of the patch. Similar to Github.

For a start you may want to begin with the simplest, war3map.wts & war3mapMisc.txt editable via text editor that preserves letters/symbols that are non-english. The usual 2 files that are easily translated by 1 person if wts is not that lengthy.

...as well as mapname editable via Hex Editor. war3map.w3a/u/t/h are either translated via community of translators or via machine translation. The javascript program war3toJSON may be useful for since JSON format is openable via simple text editor. If you can't find those files (abilities,units,items,buffs) you may to dewidgetize it first. Simple ones use SLK tool but I heard there are other tools for more complex map protection methods. Check out more advanced guildes or ask other cool wc3edit fellas or similar social platforms about it.

Lastly hardest to translate is the war3map.j

I use notepad++ 7.5 w/ translate plugin (i prefer free google translate since latest version of notepad++ needs paid Microsoft Translate API code)

If one could simply make a program that repeatably searches for non-latin (e.g. korean, russian, chinese...) REGEX pattern of
Code:
(\b((?:(?![a-zA-Z])\pL){1,})\b)
then press Ctrl+Alt+Z by routine to translate, that would be really easier.

Also you might want to find & replace also via Regular Expression
Code:
(\|c\S\S\S\S\S\S\S\S)
then replace it with
Code:
\1
since machine translation ignores stuffs like
Quote:
|cff440029Cacke
but translate fine with
Quote:
|cff8855O0 Hapyto

I know those are latin transliterals but I hope you get my point (just imagine their cyrillic counterpart).

A couple of honorable mentions for Machine Translation are Microsoft Office's MS WORD 2010 with translate document feature. Some software even has offline file translate such as with PROMT's.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2018, 2:28 pm 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
I thought the war3map.j was really easy using jasscraft. It highlights text in red.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2018, 6:31 pm 

At least for me, I can't make jasscraft recognize unicode symbols. Notepad++ just works better with UTF-8 encoding and has vjass highlighting addons as needed.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2018, 8:48 am 
V.I.P.

Title: Moon#6000
Hm. Interesting XD!, but I personally think using either Notepad++ or editing the object data in World Editor will be better.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2019, 4:12 am 

The thing about translation from Jass file is for so long why the lack of common tools to regex and replace it in a more automated albeit natural fluid methods.

If you could see this google cache view:
Quote:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7yN8laQObtMJ:https://github.com/Kutomore/NCD722_translation+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ph&client=firefox-b-ab

The git initiative was well intended yet

I will plan to contact the guy or find similar persons of interest on git or gitlab or any better. I plan to let the guys check out strapi.js in case s/he haven't stumbled upon it yet. My first post is an unfinished json translation "really not mine" git project (jass file not yet done but the object editor files are tested workable). Some solution if it won't work on just one, you'll just have to widen the scope... (I know what you'll might think - "Good luck" ... and I'm already obviously gone past that).