Am I doing something wrong? Jass editing/map editing

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

DeadlyChaos
Title: Uber 1337

Am I doing something wrong? Jass editing/map editing

Post by DeadlyChaos »

Ok, a new version of Swat: Aftermath was released yesterday. I decided to go and editing the map's jass. I use MPQMaster to open up the map, then I saved the jass file into my documents. I edited the jass file and imported it back into the map. Once I selected my map to play, in this case the new swat map, an error came up saying the .j file was corrupt and I have to terminate the program. At first I thought I may have screwed up in my codeing or deleted something I shouldn't of. So I redownloaded the original map, and I again took the jass file out of the map to edit. This time however, I decided not to edit the jass, and instead I inserted the jass file back into the map without editing the Jass file. This means that the file I stuck in the map was identical to the file I pulled out of the map in the first place. The problem is, I still got the error when I clicked on which map I would like to play. I know this isn't an error with the map because I can play the map fine if I don't import a Jass file into it. I was wondering if you would know what is causing this problem?
Here is the map: http://night.org/storage/SwatAfterB2003.w3x

I would really like it if you could tell me why I kept getting the error I got, and if there is a way to fix it. I was going to make the map playable on single player, and edit other things about the map. I will keep trying different things untill I get replys, thank you all for your time.
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

delete the (attributes) file!

greets Dekar
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
DeadlyChaos

Post by DeadlyChaos »

Thanks for your help. I had just figured out how to fix it before you posted, apparently there is something at the begining of the Jass file that you can't see in notepad. But once I downloaded JassCraft and opened it up it seems there were extra letters in front of one of the lines. Its fixed now, I think.
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

jasscraft ownz :)
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
DeadlyChaos

Post by DeadlyChaos »

Dekar wrote:jasscraft ownz :)

That it does. Oh and thanks for your help, apparently besides something being wrong with the jass, the attributes file also needed to be deleted.