unprotect

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

unprotect

Post by JustANewbie »

what is the usage of special fix?

it hangs everytime i clicked "fix" is this normal?
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: unprotect

Post by owner123 »

Don't use Special Fix.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

can you please tell me what is the usage? do i need to deprotect it using xdep before using unprotect? if i no check the box "special fix" then the program stop working, crash? if i check the box then i got this, no matter i used xdep on it or not i got the same thing, as shown below :
Spoiler:
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

As far as I know, Special Fix was something to remove MPQ corruption. It does not work, don't use it.

Yeah, that happens in most maps. The deprotect program you're using is very unreliable. Don't expect it to work much.

If you get that message, theré's nothing you can do but use a different program (To my knowledge. I could be mistaken though)
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

so sad i thought i can do something just like moving the trigger or else, so do you have any suggestion? i wan to edit this map but don't spoil this map. i want it to be playable
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

Edit the war3map.j file directly without a deprotection. You have to know JASS.

If you don't know JASS, make a request for it with the [edit] tag in map requests.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

how to edit war3map.j file directly without a deprotection? i mean using which software? for example jasscraft or notepad, all i want is just separate the initglobals to part by part so that it is easier for me to edit in world editor, the script in war3map.j is so long and sometimes make me confuse and can't find the thing i want

note : i can't request others to do it for me because there are so many things that i wanted to edit and it would be so troublesome just like i'm requesting someone to restore GUI trigger ma manually, that's why i'm asking is there any way for me to it myself
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

JASSCraft.

You'll need to know about the structure of warcraft 3 jass, and know how to program jass itself. Not to mention great patience for figuring out which variables do which in obfuscated maps.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

i tried to contact the map creator but the map is dead for at least a year and i don't know where has the creator been. i sent him personal message and visited a forum and post something there and also sent personal message to the administrator but no respond at all, so i have to do it myself to bring the map alive again