Can't Restart Successfully

Get help with just about anything and everything NOT Warcraft related. Computers, consoles, phones, whatever!
L0K3
Title: The Forsaken

Can't Restart Successfully

Post by L0K3 »

I recently reformatted my computer with Windows XP. It worked perfectly until I added a usb 2.0. Everytime I start my computer it does that "Found new hardware" thing. And when I try to start or restart the computer it gets to the screen that says "Windows XP" and has that loading bar underneath. It loads for a while then freezes. I have to hit the restart button on the computer then it works.

I tried finding the drivers for the usb 2.0 but that didn't help.
"What goes around comes around."
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Re: Can't Restart Successfully

Post by Senethior459 »

That Windows XP loading bar is it booting up. That's quite interesting that it loads and freezes when you boot or restart, but you can get it to properly boot by power-cycling it. What do you mean by you added a USB 2.0? You added a hub to the motherboard? Or did you plug a USB device in? If so, I'd suggest unplugging the device, looking up and installing drivers, and then plugging it in. If you mean a USB hub... I'm not sure what it would mean. Perhaps Windows doesn't like the fact that it suddenly has several more USB ports where there weren't any before... Reinstalling Windows would probably solve your problem, but let's not get too drastic here.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
L0K3
Title: The Forsaken

Post by L0K3 »

It didn't want to start up at all this morning so I pulled the usb hub out and everything worked. I thought I'd already installed the drivers but I guess reinstalling them wouldn't hurt.
"What goes around comes around."
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

This happens to me, too, only on Windows 7. USB drives cause some weird stuff to happen when they're plugged in to me, (such as not being able to install a game), and not allowing me to get past the motherboard screen.