wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 1:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: January 18th, 2009, 7:13 am 

Hmm, Can this actually convert it to an .exe without any other applications ect... hmm
i figured ud need atleast an emulator...

Just dled and am looking, but dont see any way to do this.. i can save the image onto my comp as a .mdf (media disk File, i think)

EDIT: i did manage to find a program, that extracts models, before the data heads to your graphics card, although the emulator i have, seems to convert the models into 2d planes O.o
although this tool works nicely for extracting from other games it only seems to work on directX 9 games....

"Computers, are the way of the future, the next step in darwinizm. I say just embrase it, and be proud, that man, was so ingenious, as to force itself into submission on the ladder of evolution, I mean what other species can say that."-Mr.Sexy

PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 2:48 am 

Bump

"Computers, are the way of the future, the next step in darwinizm. I say just embrase it, and be proud, that man, was so ingenious, as to force itself into submission on the ladder of evolution, I mean what other species can say that."-Mr.Sexy

PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 4:06 am 
Forum Staff

Mr.Sexy wrote:
Hmm, Can this actually convert it to an .exe without any other applications ect... hmm
i figured ud need atleast an emulator...

Just dled and am looking, but dont see any way to do this.. i can save the image onto my comp as a .mdf (media disk File, i think)

EDIT: i did manage to find a program, that extracts models, before the data heads to your graphics card, although the emulator i have, seems to convert the models into 2d planes O.o
although this tool works nicely for extracting from other games it only seems to work on directX 9 games....

Alcohol120% use to, I'm not sure if it can now. They got in trouble for doing something,
it might have been about how the program could take the game files and compile the
.exe's, because people did that instead of buying the game... I know there was a new
release after the version I had, and it said it had to update before being able to do anything...
so yeah, I don't know.

My quote from SKillER

Spoiler:
Chat wrote:
(19:12:41) SKillER: newfags cant triforce
(19:20:30) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:20:35) SKillER: aww
(19:20:37) FatherSpace: FAIL
(19:20:43) Kryptonyte: Wow stop failing.
(19:20:47) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:21:41) Kryptonyte: .

. ▲
▲ ▲
(19:22:20) Kryptonyte: I guess you were right, newfags can't triforce.
(19:22:29) SKillER: . . ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:04) SKillER: OMFG
(19:23:06) SKillER: ... THIS CHAT
(19:23:06) SKillER: !
(19:23:36) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:46) SKillER: ▲
.▲ ▲

Apparently, SKillER is a newfag.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2009, 1:52 am 

Bump,

PostPosted: March 19th, 2009, 2:32 pm 
Forum Drunk

What's the matter? Searching for an emulator?
There is no tool that converts console games to windows games.
ScummVM does something similar to that but it's only for old dos games.

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick

PostPosted: March 20th, 2009, 11:09 am 

figured there wasnt, but i wanted to look at console games, resources/programming ect :P, ive found a few emulators, but nuthin that will run on my system, atleast without major lag...
Pscx2 seems to be the best of the 2 emulators i found. but its far from finished, 3dxripper seems to be good with takeing meshes/geomtrys from any dirrect x 8< applications, includeing Pscx2, which means i got the models, just lack the anims..., although i would much prefer a way to browse the games resources themselfs, much like with wc3 mpqs ^^

At first this started out as curiosity, but ive put quite a few hours into it, and now im really looking

Also, all games ps2 ect are programmed on computers, then converted/encoded for thier respective programs, means theres likely a prog for the process, which also means theres likely a prog that can reverse the process. although the game companys, deffinently wouldnt want that getting out ^^

Havnt you found a game with tooltips that you just take at face value..., alot of games dont show the damage/hitpoints of units that you fight. Thats why i love world editor, it gives a definite answer on most values. allowing for easy compare/contrasting. This is also one of the reasons im in favor of open source maps.

btw a side note i heard 360 runs sumthing very similar to LINUX

PostPosted: March 20th, 2009, 12:11 pm 
Forum Drunk

lol? 360 is made by microsoft, most likely it runs something windows based - it even supports directx :D

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick

PostPosted: March 20th, 2009, 7:21 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
No, you can run Linux on XBox. For example, XBMC, which stands for XBox Media Center.

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle