Have deprotected map... Where do I start?

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

WillyWonka
Newcomer

Re: Have deprotected map... Where do I start?

Post by WillyWonka »

Syre wrote:Now, since ive never done this myself..sorry..lol im not completely sure about wether the triggers or strings will work alright. So if not, just open the strings in a notepad, and use Jasscraft for the triggers, Its listed on the same page as the MPQ editor is. However since your gonna use Jass NewGen, it will probably be fine.

Ok, assuming I even get this far, what exactly are strings, and how do I open them in notepad (where are they). Also what is Jasscraft exactly? Is it a compiler for Jass? And what do you mean that because I 'm using NewGen it (what?) will probably be fine? Do you mean that the triggers/strings should not be a problem?
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

Yeah, Jass NewGen is, like its name says, made for Jass. Since all the triggers will be turned into jass, it shouldent be a problem to edit em. And strings, well im not quite sure, but judgeing by a random string file that i pulled from a map, its probably for triggers that use text actions, like quest menus and such. To edit the string file, just right-click the file after its extracted, and open it with your favorite text editor. The string file contains lines and paragraphs like this..

Code: Select all

STRING 164
{
To turn off hints type -HintsOff
To unlock the camera type -UnlockCam
(Note that terrain and such is designed from the point of view of a locked camera)
}
My guess..is that for the trigger, it will say what string it uses..so string 164 would probably be found somewhere where the quest trigger is.
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

Btw; If your virus protection blocks japi.dll and such, newgen will still open, it just won't save the map properly.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
WillyWonka
Newcomer

Post by WillyWonka »

So is there anyone you know who has done this and could help me out?
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

Ask a question in Map deprotection/cheating. They are the ones that know this best.