wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 5:59 am 

Title: Sir Awesome
GAHHHHHH

I bought a GeForce 7300 GS graphics card by PNY back in 8th grade. I'm in 10th grade now, btw. I bought it to play Battlefield 2142, but it didn't work.

I spent $100 on it itself, and it didn't work. I got pissed off and just took it out. About a week ago, I decided to put it back in so I could play WoW. I planned on fixing my computer up so it could be awesome. It works fine for a little while, but an hour or two later, my entire screen gets covered in little green and redish pink pixels.

The guy from PNY said I didn't have a strong enough power supply. I onyl had a default one (145 Watts) the graphics card required 300 Watts. (who the ... knows how many Watts the computer has???) I go out and spend $80 on a fucking new power supply becuase this guy Gregory from PNY tells me I need to.

I get home, put it in. CORRECTLY! It works for an hour, maybe two, and then BAM pixels and lag. Playin' some WC Maul Next Gen, and BAM all my fuckin lil creatures have like pinkish pixels. There were like black dots flying across the screen.

Anyhow, WHAT DO I DO?!

I put EVERYTHING in correctly. The first time, the second, the third, the fourth, the fifth, and now the sixth. (I tried a ton of times this last week. Only because I did different things with the computer while it was on) So yeah... Nothing is wrong with my computer, nor with the way I installed it. Gregory won't fucking e-mail me back, soooo Idk...

What to do?

PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 7:26 am 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
I would still guess the graphic card is not doing its job.

Do you get the green red pixels when using your other video card?
Do you have another monitor you can try pluggin in to try each card?

PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 7:40 am 

Pixels are from the new graphics card only. I thought it was the monitor at first too, but I just got a brand ass new Samsung monitor for my dad for Christmas.

I'm still bettig that shits busted. >.<

PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 3:39 pm 
Forum Staff

Did you use the installation disk that came with the card to use the correct drivers for the card? Also did you do a windows update that updated the card's drivers? Sometimes windows drivers updates screw things up. Just out of curiosity, how much RAM do you have in that PC?

PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 7:04 pm 

I did everything i told me to do. I ran the installation, installed the drivers, installed DirectX 10.0, everything.

I just got off the phone with their tech support guy, and he said I fried the card. He said that because of my power supply the card broke. There's nothing I can do but go spend $100+ on a brand fucking new one.

I'm pretty pissed off. My warranty ran out a year ago, and I don't have the receipt from something from two years ago, so WTF?! Who keeps receipts that long? I should have done something right when I bought it... Dammit!

By the way, I'v got 2,016 MB RAM. At least something like that. Idk, it's over 2 Gigs

PostPosted: January 1st, 2009, 7:45 pm 

Title: Pro at cooking.
I feel your pain.
Mine did the same a month ago.
I changed it to a newer one, try it.

Contact me on Azeroth: Tauren[ChaR]
Join clan ChaR for Custom Hero Arena games. (Or DotA, whatever)

PostPosted: January 1st, 2009, 8:38 pm 

I will. In a couple of months or something.
I have money for it, but it's like ALL my money, so I'd rather just wait for a while to don't click me it

PostPosted: January 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Well, just to make sure, try using a different monitor. I've had similar problems with defective monitors where I/we thought it was my graphics card, but ended up being just my monitor, and switching it fixed it. However, if you don't have a spare one, or one you can borrow, I would just don't click me a really cheap CRT.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2009, 12:33 am 

Yeah, I'm sure it's the card. I called tech support and they said that hahin too low of a power supply will fry the card if it is left in too long. Meaning - the first day I put it in. BAM! fried