Not Being Able to Host, AGAIN!!!

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Re: Not Being Able to Host, AGAIN!!!

Post by Durchdringen »

Ya tracert was the command. Sorry I was very tired last night. 2.5 hours of sleep the night before and a 16 chapter physics final, and a 10 chapter Cisco final after that.

But the tracert command was just to show you what your router ip's were. But you posted and already knew them, so i guess I skipped over your reply of what they were.

Tomorrow I'll try to help you more with your problem. But for now I gotta study for another final thats 8 am tomorrow.

-------------------------------

K.

What you should try now, is manually static route your computers to your router. Find out what the gateway address of the router that your computer is connected to.

Lets say it's 192.168.1.1
Your computer IP's would have 192.168.1.100 / 192.168.1.101 / etc.

Now assign each specific computer a specific port on the first router. Like 192.168.1.100 = 6113
On the other second router, I would forward ports for the first router's gateway address.

Now it's time to manually config your computer.

Go to CMD type ipconfig /all
Write down you IP/Subnet/Gateway/DNS Servers for a backup. In case you need it for later.

Go to Control Panel, Network Connections, and right click your Internet Icon and select properties.
Now in the box, scroll down and find TCP/IP, select it, and click properties.
Now click use the following IP Address.

Your would make your computer's IP similar to this.
IP: 192.168.1.100
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers:
If your DNS server is different from your router Gateway address, go ahead and fill in what you copied down.

If you have trouble, just go back into TCP/IP and click automatically assign on each box.

See if this works.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Durchdringen wrote:Ya tracert was the command. Sorry I was very tired last night. 2.5 hours of sleep the night before and a 16 chapter physics final, and a 10 chapter Cisco final after that.

But the tracert command was just to show you what your router ip's were. But you posted and already knew them, so i guess I skipped over your reply of what they were.

Tomorrow I'll try to help you more with your problem. But for now I gotta study for another final thats 8 am tomorrow.

-------------------------------

K.

What you should try now, is manually static route your computers to your router. Find out what the gateway address of the router that your computer is connected to.

Lets say it's 192.168.1.1
Your computer IP's would have 192.168.1.100 / 192.168.1.101 / etc.

Now assign each specific computer a specific port on the first router. Like 192.168.1.100 = 6113
On the other second router, I would forward ports for the first router's gateway address.

Now it's time to manually config your computer.

Go to CMD type ipconfig /all
Write down you IP/Subnet/Gateway/DNS Servers for a backup. In case you need it for later.

Go to Control Panel, Network Connections, and right click your Internet Icon and select properties.
Now in the box, scroll down and find TCP/IP, select it, and click properties.
Now click use the following IP Address.

Your would make your computer's IP similar to this.
IP: 192.168.1.100
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers:
If your DNS server is different from your router Gateway address, go ahead and fill in what you copied down.

If you have trouble, just go back into TCP/IP and click automatically assign on each box.

See if this works.

If I do automatically, I don't have an ip and I have no internet whatsoever, the ipconfig just gives me nothing. I've already have had all that junk filled out.
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

How is your computer configured right now to your router?

Do you have a specific IP and DNS already given to you?
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Durchdringen wrote:How is your computer configured right now to your router?

Do you have a specific IP and DNS already given to you?

I gave myself a specific IP.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

I've fixed it now, thanks for helping guys, even though it had nothing to do with what we thought :P.
I have two LAN connections, (Local Area Connection, Local Area Connection 2), and I've been using Local Area Connection (1), which for some odd reason, things were going to local area connection 2, instead of one. So me and my dad messed around a bit and we tested LAN2 and it works fine now. :S
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

Nice to hear, glad you got it working.

Spoiler:
Niipaa
Newcomer

Post by Niipaa »

Bartimaeus wrote:I've fixed it now, thanks for helping guys, even though it had nothing to do with what we thought :P.
I have two LAN connections, (Local Area Connection, Local Area Connection 2), and I've been using Local Area Connection (1), which for some odd reason, things were going to local area connection 2, instead of one. So me and my dad messed around a bit and we tested LAN2 and it works fine now. :S

Oh, so that was the source of the problem? And we all thought it was a port forwarding problem... Your brother being able to host on his wireless was information for steps closer to solving your problem! But you fixed it now, so it's all good and hopefully everyone is taking notes. 8)
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Niipaa wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:I've fixed it now, thanks for helping guys, even though it had nothing to do with what we thought :P.

Oh, so that was the source of the problem? And we all thought it was a port forwarding problem... Your brother being able to host on his wireless was information for steps closer to solving your problem! But you fixed it now, so it's all good and hopefully everyone is taking notes. 8)

:S, I've never ever heard anyone of having this problem.