Hosting With a router modem

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Arabidnun
Forum Staff
Title: Gui Expert

Re: Hosting With a router modem

Post by Arabidnun »

Wait, is a modem different then a router? they put this modem near my moms computer and when they frontier company came they put a cd in the computer put in the pass and i was connected to the internet, do i do the same thing? i typed in the 192.168.1.1 in her explorer and it gave me an error
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Arabidnun wrote:Wait, is a modem different then a router? they put this modem near my moms computer and when they frontier company came they put a cd in the computer put in the pass and i was connected to the internet, do i do the same thing? i typed in the 192.168.1.1 in her explorer and it gave me an error

I don't use modems, I haven't a clue, I was just acting as if it were a router, but obviously it's very different.
Arabidnun
Forum Staff

Post by Arabidnun »

Ok, can you change the ports from my computer through the network connections and tcp properties and go through the cmd command with the ipconfig/all. Then do i just put all that info into the network connections, however, with the vista network i used the same connections and it still isnt let me to host....
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

How are you connected to the internet?

Are you running exactly from the modem, or do you have a modem that is connected to a router?

If you are running exactly from the modem, then you will have to do something different.

Post back on your details when you find out and I'll see if I can help you.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Arabidnun
Forum Staff

Post by Arabidnun »

ok i have re-edited the beginning post yet again! With the new givin information can anyone help me now?
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

Hmm. Looks like you went through it like your supposed to.

Is this router a modem/router. Or is this router hooked up to a modem. It could be that your modem has a firewall built into it and you need to forward ports through it as well. Or it could be that your ISP has different NAT Translations which is a problem.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Arabidnun
Forum Staff

Post by Arabidnun »

Its a router, b/c when i put the ip adress in the browser it says router in the speedstream name. Speedstream router management interface