wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: May 16th, 2020, 11:02 pm 
Newcomer

Hi all,

I'm trying to find an open DotA map with GUI triggers (which I remember existed back in the day!) but didn't find anything after searching the entire day. Several linked DotA maps on Hiveworkshop no longer exist and I fear that the same happened to this precious open DotA map with GUIs.

Thus my question: Does anyone of you have a local copy of the map I refer to? (I unfortunately don't remember the name, it's +10 years ago). Or did some of you save DotA spells in some kind of compendium?

I would appreciate any help, I'm running out of ideas what else to try...

Cheers

PostPosted: May 18th, 2020, 10:27 pm 
Super Moderator

Something like this https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/do ... 10.111412/
or this? https://www.epicwar.com/maps/201539/

Anyways most of DotA spells are actually pretty simple, but there are several that aren't. I'd never try coding all the dota spells in GUI alone. You are going to need VJASS + TimerUtils for several skills like the customized Burning Spears or those would just be miserable to try to code. Plus lots of them use GetLocalPlayer which is unavailable in GUI.

Basically you won't be able to get all dota spells in GUI.

There's no point in extracting them to copy them. Everyone recognizes dota skills, they won't like it if you copy them in your map. Re-coding some of DotA's skills would be an excellent coding exercise, but again you'll want to know VJASS for that. Or if you want to know how they work, one of us can code it for you to teach you but you'll also need to know VJASS there.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm 
Newcomer

Thank you! I will take a closer look there and see what is available.

Regarding copying them: The map is basically for myself or close friends. I just love creating heroes and put them in an environment to play around. But since JASS is needed after all, I will take a look how much I can get done by myself and then maybe ask for help. Thanks again :-)

PostPosted: August 27th, 2020, 7:58 pm 
Newcomer

Hello friend, I remember downloading it, wait for a few hours and I'll look for it again and I'll pass it to you here since I don't know your nickname to play together if you pass it on to me, we would play

PostPosted: September 16th, 2020, 7:56 am 
Newcomer

jack23 wrote:
Hello friend, I remember downloading it, wait for a few hours and I'll look for it again and I'll pass it to you here since I don't know your nickname to play battle dwarf slot together if you pass it on to me, we would play

Okay, Jack, thank you so much for the game.