wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

While crediting should be allowed, please keep down the advertising. If you know who it's from, and they have a website, please link to it as a basic courtesy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: JAST 1.1.1
PostPosted: July 6th, 2020, 2:10 pm 
Super Moderator

If it gives you MergeFailure, it probably means it failed to parse the war3map.j you loaded, or that there were variable/function collisions in the map (anti-cheat; use the deduplicate option). Is it a working war3map.j? If so, please post here and I'll look into it. I have fixed one bug with parsing that is currently unreleased, so it might be that. Next version I'm going to make both run.sh and run.bat for everyone, and I'll add a README.txt as well. I wasn't aware that some people's computers didn't interpret .sh files but I did get that report from other people as well. I need to make error message reporting more user-friendly as well. It's planned.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2020, 12:00 am 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
I tried it on a map that someone was requesting, then I tried it on a protected version of my own map, then I tried an unprotected version of my map. I was thinking I could use your tool to fulfill a few requests around here, but I guess I'm just not meant to cheat a map.

My computer looked at me funny when I clicked the .sh file. I had to change it to a bat.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2020, 3:33 am 
Super Moderator

Can you post the .j file? I'll take a look. Could be that it's not running correctly on your computer for some reason as well.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2020, 11:01 am 

Try this one, It was a map from here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2020, 10:14 pm 
Super Moderator

I tried it in the public build (1.1.1) and my development build (1.1.2) and it worked with both JJCP and NZCP, with and without the duplicate option in both versions. When you use the above .j, it fails for you? That's really concerning...

Are you possibly getting an error saying your computer ran out of memory for running it? It's a bit of a memory hog right now tbh. I'm improving that very soon.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2020, 11:05 am 

I didnt see any errors, I have a relatively good computer I think, but could be wrong.

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/d ... 7529309219

EDIT: Ok so I tried just the above *.j File and it loaded, and the dos box shows "loading external cheatpack: NZCP". What I tried before was load the map, but it successfully extracted a few files, .j, .w3a, w3t, etc. but it gave me the error.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2020, 7:50 pm 
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just to make sure - you are opening the .j file, right? Not just opening the map?

I was opening the map. :oops:

Opening the .j and inserting the cheatpack worked. Maybe in the next version when you click>open and in the toolbox it says "Any Files(*.*)" you should only allow it to open the .j or whatever file it accepts. this may help other noobs like myself. :D

Also, every time I open up Jast it likes to hide under my taskbar and I have to move my taskbar to adjust the Jast window.

Post subject: Re: JAST 1.1.2
PostPosted: July 11th, 2020, 9:28 pm 
Super Moderator

Hmm, looks like my last post disappeared and I somehow took control of Vegas's post. Yeah it's not your fault, the tool should be more user friendly. I will improve it going forward. It should automatically open the .j file when you open an mpq.

Anyways here was my post:

Curious. It works for me... I wonder if it's the @ signs in the file path. I can't see why it would affect anything but it's the only idea I have for why it wouldn't work for you. Either way I can't really debug it since the code has changed so significantly since 1.1.1. I'm going to release a version right now. Can you try this one? If it doesn't work, I should be able to find out why right away.

Just to make sure - you are opening the .j file, right? Not just opening the map? (Opening just extracts the files; the tool can't import them, which kind of sucks right now. I do plan on adding better support to re-import war3map.j eventually but writing an mpq editor is hard and the existing Java ones can't do it)

In this ver, you can find cheatpacks by going to Modify -> Merge Scripts -> select cheatpack from dropdown box.

Here's the changelog:
Performance:
- Code operations have had their memory usage decreased by ~2x for most operations
- Code operations have had their performance improved by up to 2x for most operations
- There will be more improvements in the future

Internal improvements:
- Code has been significantly refactored in order to enable more scalable feature creation
- Syntax tree has been split into a separate project, which is made available through Maven Central
- String hash calculator has been split into a separate project, which is made available through Maven Central
- This enables me (and other developers) to use these resources in other projects besides JAST. I have plans for things like this in the future.

User improvements:
- "De-format" button renamed to "Minify" button
- "Syntax check code" button renamed to "Compile code"
- The Rename Function/Variable options have been condensed into one button, which opens a user-friendly window to handle replacements.
- Deduplicate is now referred to as "Scramble names" and is selected
- Code-merge related commands are now available through one button, which ones a user-friendly window. I plan to add more code merge stuff, like templates, in the future.
- These changes should make operations more user friendly in general

Features:
- A new "Analysis" button has been added to the menu. This has some more complex commands with possibly fewer use cases.
- The first command is called "Isolate".
- Isolate allows you to find usages of a variable or function.
- You can specify a depth to isolate to. A depth of 1 means that only immediate usages of the variable/function would be selected. A depth of 2 would mean that all immediate uses plus all usages of those immediate usages would be selected
- A depth of -1 means infinite depth.
- The expansion style for functions can be one-sided/passive (select only usages of that function), two sided/aggressive (select usages of that function + functions that use this function) or one sided/inverted (aggressive expansion - passive expansion)
- The second command is called "Scope report"
- This will categorize each global variable in the map as either unused, single-use, or globally used
- The time taken to generate this report will increase with number of variables and size of code

Plans for next release
- Improve memory usage of syntax tree so that it doesn't run out of heap space (right now it's quite inefficient)
- Fix how the tool destroys comments when parsing the code. Especially important because it affects VJass text macros.
- Add tools to find potential memory leaks and find code repetition that could be simplified
- Improve error reporting upon crashes
- When application becomes more stable, I will add an easier way to update than downloading and replacing package

Post subject: Re: JAST 1.1.2
PostPosted: July 12th, 2020, 6:05 am 
Also Not an Admin, but closer than devoltz

Title: Just Another S.Mod
Nice update, owner.

Post subject: Re: JAST 1.1.3
PostPosted: July 17th, 2020, 12:23 am 
Super Moderator

Update 1.1.3
Features:
- Now supports full MPQ extract and import features for critical map files
- A solution explorer has been added to left-hand side of page
- This will track your currently opened maps
- Save As MPQ option added to re-save your map (importing changes in .j)
- Project explorer will remember old opened projects, unless they are closed
- Doesn't support saving as mpq unless you've opened the map in the same session as saving
- This might not work on x32 based systems

Now it supports the idea that Vegas had in mind

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next