wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: October 8th, 2019, 3:14 am 
Newcomer

[*]First of all, I researched a lot and didn't find what I wanted. All I found was about editing a hero and that's not what I want to do. I would like to learn how to add a hero to the dota map. I already created a (new line in excel) unitID in the files UnitAbilities, UnitBalance, UnitData, UnitUI, UnitWeapons (I clone another hero, but changed the abilities). I know I need to edit war3map.j (which I can't do) but I have an idea to base myself on some other hero and just copy any command and change UnitID. Would that work? Also I need to know is how to make it available to pick. I am Brazilian, I used the google translator. Thanks.

map: DotA_v6.72f_AI_1.2_BR.w3x (with some modifications)
I want to do this on this map because it is in my language.

PT-BR: Antes de mais nada, eu pesquisei bastante e não encontrei o que queria. Tudo o que eu enconteri foi sobre editar um heroi e não é isso que quero fazer. Gostaria de aprender como adicionar um herói ao mapa de dota. Já criei um (nova linha no excel) unitID nos arquivos UnitAbilities, UnitBalance, UnitData, UnitUI, UnitWeapons (clonei de outro heroi, mas mudei as abilidades). Sei que preciso editar o war3map.j (o que não sei fazer) mas tenho uma ideia de me basear em algum outro heroi e só copiaria qualquer comando e mudaria a UnitID. Isso funcionaria? Também presciso saber é como disponibilizar para pick. Sou brasileiro, usei o tradutor do google. Obrigado.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2019, 7:39 pm 
Forum Staff

Desiste.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2019, 2:41 pm 
Super Moderator

IIRC, In DotA you pick your hero from a "shop" or "tavern" of sorts. So just adding a hero wont do. You need to add your hero to the tavern. I am sure if you pick a tavern with an empty slot and try to edit it, you will see all the other heroes there aswell and then you can just add as you see fit.
But I don't think that will be enough. DotA has a lot of code under the hood, lets say you want to make the hero availble for random pick with -random or -ar. It needs to be a part of the hero pool, this requires a lot of working around the map to figure out. Good luck with that.