wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 9th, 2014, 9:11 pm 
Newcomer

I was disappointed when I saw that Blizzard did not include sea combat in RoC, so I set out to edit the melee system to include such things. Beyond the Throne takes a regular melee map and adds elements of WCII, my own ideas, and community ideas that I have accumulated over the many years I have worked on this map. It is the only melee map of its kind that is able to be hosted on b-net without insane downloading time. I have received very good feedback from those I have played it with on b-net, and I hope you will enjoy it as well.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Orcs and Humans have been heaviliy modified with a host of new units, upgrades, spells, and play styles. The Lost are an addition based on my ideas of what a logical next enemy would be for the traditional races. The Lost are based on aggression and will yield no benefits for timid players. Organic combat units now have a racial trait, each race has an experimental unit (high investment/potentially high combat advantage), and integrated sea units.

This takes place after the events of The Frozen Throne.

As the Undead Scourge was cleansed and the lands of Azeroth recovered from the devastation lain upon them cooperation began to waiver among the two dominant races. In the outlying territories where resources were thin, and the peace was not so easily enforced, conflict soon broke out. As the fighting escalated a new and frightening enemy crawled from the ruins of the past to settle the future.

---

Following the battle at the World Tree and defeat of the Scourge much of the conquered Undead lands were reclaimed for the living. There were numerous abandoned facilities in remote locations that were never found by Alliance forces. With most of the living focusing on hunting remnants of the Scourge or rebuilding there was little interest in searching the wilds for empty structures. Upon Illidan's death and the seemingly benign reign of Arthas in the far North a tenuous peace began between the Orc and Human forces.

Years of strained cooperation passed.

On the outer fringes much of the old tensions remained active in spilled blood. Territory was constantly being fought over. All were oblivious to what was coming.

---

At the behest of the Burning Legion Undead researchers began looking for sources of energy to sustain the Scourge. In the darkest hours before the final battle there was success, although those responsible knew nothing of their accomplishments as the facility was consumed in an instant. Out of desperation the consequences of their dark magics had been ignored. A slight dimensional tear had been opened - to where was not known. As the years passed the rift slowly expanded consuming its tomb of debris until the ground was void of substance. Sinister magics began to flow into Azeroth as the swirling nethers of the Second War had, darker than even Archimonde could have summoned.

Please provide feedback.