wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: November 7th, 2013, 12:17 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

For people who curious about how i fix this MPQ corrupt.
My way to fix this MPQ corrupt might be complicated but after you familiar with it you can unhex this MPQ in 1~2 minutes.

P/s: you need Adobe reader(or you can download "Foxit reader") to read the .pdf file.
Hopefully you can follow the guide by looking at picture cause my english really bad.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2013, 1:25 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Title: Legenda
good guide thx for share

PostPosted: November 8th, 2013, 1:42 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Wow, thanks. That's pretty complex...

PostPosted: November 9th, 2013, 8:36 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Whitegun, steps #11-#13 kind of confuse me.

Code:
11. Click OK then press F3, if after press F3 one time you don’t get the error “Can’t find …”  (we will search the hex line until we get the error)then go back the previous offset 7F0 and search for the hex line above it (offset 7E0)
12. We search the hex line in offset 7E0 and still don’t get the error, then we go to the offset 7D0.
13. Finally on the hex line at offset 7D0, after press F3 we get the error

I don't understand the criteria for starting to copy. Search for BN3, make sure it has the MPQ Somj2hM16 stuff directly to the right of it, copy all of the line above, search for it...if you don't get a "not found" error, instead highlight the line above and then search for those same hex values earlier, and keep doing this process until you do get an error? I'm using Notepad++, so I never get an error, but even so, I don't get how receiving the error would mean you should start there.

Er...never mind - I see that you're supposed to try and search FOR the line above, not FROM the line above. Oops. I'll this post here in case anyone else is confused at that part. :P

(edit)

So, according to your guide at step 22, I'm supposed to start "fixing" the header...

(Unedited)

(Generic fix)

Then I'm supposed to get the size of the map, (7,489,114), convert it to hex, (72465A), and then paste it like so..:

Then, I'm supposed to add the block and hash sizes together, and then multiply them by ten. Here's where I stumble. Given that we seem to be inputting these numbers in sort of backwards, (and by that, I mean 72465A is input 5A4672), I would assume, judging by the hex values, that I'm supposed to add 4 and 20D together, and then multiply it by ten for a total of 2110. Then I subtract said number from the 72465A figure for 72254A in the first header, then add it for 72676A in the second header. So, it should look like this...

...but after saving, it still won't open in MPQ Editor's "force"/"1.0" mode. Did I do something wrong in these steps, or did I somehow screw up before this?

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 4:54 am 
Old Wrinkly Member

00 04 00 00 = 400 (that where you wrong)
0d 02 00 00 = 20D
=>Total = (400 + 20D) * 10 = 60D0

First = 72465A - 60D0 = 71E58A
Second = 71E58A + (400 * 10) = 72258A

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 2:54 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Oops, yeah, and I see why now, (the 4 would've been in the first spot instead if it was just 4).

Final steps: got it to open with MPQ Editor, but without any of the files showing, (as per normal). You say open up the MPQ Table Viewer, go to the MPQ Header, and then fix the file size in the hex editor as well as calculate new map hash size and map block size. From what I see, you take your "file size" from what's labeled the archive size in the Table Viewer...but my archive size is the same as the size I already put in, but the MPQ still doesn't open properly.

Nevermind. Again, keeping this post here in case somebody else runs into a similar problem: the older version of MPQ Editor, (here), doesn't calculate it the same way as, say, the latest version here.

Thanks, whitegun. Got it working!

PostPosted: November 19th, 2013, 1:32 am 
Forum Spammer

perhaps you should make a video for it, quite complicated, especially for the fixing part

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 7:35 am 
Forum Spammer

Title: Gamma Ray
woah thanks for this whitegun,
kinda late got troubled nowadays.

lazy after seeing all' steps
ill try it later ;D

PostPosted: February 11th, 2014, 3:10 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: Best Player
Maybe upload a popular map which has got this spazzler and a video explanation pleaseee

On the side note, I'm still playing vampirism speed on malaysia room, occasionally in Garena. Bcuz too lazy to find out where else I can play them.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2014, 6:56 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

A video explanation wouldn't help very much...the "hardest" steps are stuff you have to figure out that couldn't really be adequately explained in a video.