wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Javascript questions
PostPosted: June 8th, 2011, 4:39 am 
Newcomer

I recently started learning a bit of javascript and I have no idea what i just read. If somebody, or some people could please answer these questions that would be awsome.

1. To start off, I heard somewhere that you had to have your website connected to the internet before javascript like clocks and stuff will work. I copied and pasted a little code into one of mine thats not online, and it worked. It wasnt a constantly updating clock, but it told the time right when the page was opened.

2. Is javascript basically linking stuff like html does? Are javascript effects already in the code, or does it pull the effect from somewhere else? If it does pull the effect from somewhere else then how are you supposed to make your own scripts and stuff? If it doesnt, then why are you supposed to have to be connected to the internet for javascript to work?

3. What do variables in javasrcipt do? I'm learning all this stuff on wc3schools.com or .net or whatever, and it goes into variables and numbers before it says what they do. I dont want to search through the whole thing just for it to give me a crappy answer that i wont understand. Can anybody explain what the point of numbers and variables are in javascript in a way that i would understand? (Im just learning javascript)

4. What exactly can javascript do? Im hearing a lot about how javascript is so awsome and it can do lots of stuff, but what exactly do people use it for? I havent seen a need for javascript since iv been making websites. Granted iv only been attempting HTML for a month or two I still dont really understand what the big fuss about javascript is. It seems that you can do almost anything with just html/Css.

Thnx