ohai its me again >.>

Get help with just about anything and everything NOT Warcraft related. Computers, consoles, phones, whatever!
xYeta

ohai its me again >.>

Post by xYeta »

I recently downloaded a maplestory private server, first off I can't extract it but I manage to extract it through safe mode. But now the prob is, I can't start the .exe program, the .exe file should looks like a mushroom icon but its just a blank thing. And when I click on it, it shows me this message:
and I also could not move, rename and delete it. :( I wanted to play that game so badly, and I know many computer doctors are here ;-) . Any help much appreciated!
1 l1ek t0 trOl1
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Re: ohai its me again >.>

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

Download a better one, (cough) like Rydah (cough).

Oh, and make sure you're on an account that has admin privileges, but I'm sure you should have known that :S.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.

(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...

Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
xYeta

Post by xYeta »

UndeadxAssassin wrote:Download a better one, (cough) like Rydah (cough).

Oh, and make sure you're on an account that has admin privileges, but I'm sure you should have known that :S.

Hi thanks for reply.

Well you know I'm bored with rydah, and ya I'm on administrator privileges. But it still doesnot fix the problem sadly :(
1 l1ek t0 trOl1
BringChaos2
Newcomer
Title: Belphegor

Post by BringChaos2 »

What verison of windows do you have exactly? It'd help to tell you where the problem is. Since each windows has it's own issues...
Death is as light as a feather.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain.
YellowAfterlife

Post by YellowAfterlife »

About being unable to delete it - reboot. If it will still remain undeletable... you got problems.
As it's the loader (as I guess), it needs to be in the same folder as the game to run properly.
xYeta

Post by xYeta »

BringChaos2 wrote:What verison of windows do you have exactly? It'd help to tell you where the problem is. Since each windows has it's own issues...

I have windows xp sp3.

YellowAfterlife wrote:About being unable to delete it - reboot. If it will still remain undeletable... you got problems.
As it's the loader (as I guess), it needs to be in the same folder as the game to run properly.

It's still undeletable even after a restart, well like after the windows started, it was a mushroom icon for awhile then change back into the blank thing again. And ya it's in the same folder.

If I can't still get this fixed soon, guess that server just hates me. :D
1 l1ek t0 trOl1
BringChaos2
Newcomer
Title: Belphegor

Post by BringChaos2 »

Make sure no programs are blocking it, turn off firewall and all antivirus programs and try to run it. If that doesn't work turn all those back on. If it does add the program to the program exception list and turn all those back on.

Make sure to right click it and click Run as Administrator.

As YellowAfterLife said some programs need to have other files in certain folders or the .exe needs to be in a certain folder.

Another way is to right click the .exe file and go to properties. At the bottom right of some types of windows there is a block/unblock buttom. Unblock the program if this is true and you can see the button.

Also try to start the program in Safe Mode and see if you can open the file or programs in question. If so, it’s not a actual permission issue, it’s a program or process on your computer that is giving the error.
Death is as light as a feather.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain.
xYeta

Post by xYeta »

Well just leave this boring and shiz game alone v.v. (Maybe because I cant get it working XD)
Anyway, thanks for those who helped me. I really appreciate it. :)
1 l1ek t0 trOl1