United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently August 8th, 2022, 12:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 12th, 2022, 5:46 am 
Newcomer

Map: Master Crafters Final Conquest 5.4a

Link: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/11039/

Cheats: none

Map Description: Final saga of the master crafters. Do you have what it takes to become a master?

Request(s): Help find what is causing map to be unplayable after editing the war3map.j script file. By a stroke of luck I was able to comment out single player restrictions and the map is still playable. See attached for this.

Any other edits I try to make to the script file result in the map being unplayable. I've run edits multiple times on a fresh map in the Editor.
No syntax or other errors are generated. Blank map with script copied into it compiles and the map plays.

My goal is to add in a codeless save and load system (on-top of enabling single player) as I've recently returned to this map and typing in fifty something character sequences is just not fun.

Thanks in advance for the trouble.

EDIT* Using Ladik's to edit our MPQ and I discovered the 'Compact archive' operation prevents the map from breaking when replacing the script file. I desire to understand why this works. Please advise. Thank you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.