DotA 6.54b with cheats (+amh covered map/ai map)

For fulfilled maps that most likely don't work on the latest patch (1.24 or later).

Moderator: Cheaters

initialD
Some Honorary Title
Title: Angry Bird

Re: DotA 6.54b with cheats (+amh covered map/ai map)

Post by initialD »

Wow, you tell eveyones and my method won't work anymore then.
lol
never mind
I got a new method now.
haha girlie names are already, past tense.
Alando
Newcomer

Post by Alando »

Is there another way to do it? Becuase my net speed is kinda slow, so when people download it they will notice it..

I fine this way too hard to trick them.. I get the intial's method, but that aint gonna work that much rofl.

I dont get your way, the one with the 2 maps.. = do u mean like Copy of Dota 6.54b etc etc.w3x

Hmm is there any other ways to do this? Like make a programme instead of a map?

This is kinda hard to trick people, as most of them know that there is a fake map. so yeh ><

Any other solutions?
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Nope. The only way for you to play the cheated version is for them to download it.

What I meant is, either add "Copy of" to the beginning, or a "[1]" or a "~" somewhere in it. Or, download two copies of it to different places on your drive, and then move the one in the same folder as the other, and when it asks if you want to replace, yes, no, cancel, or automatically rename the file, choose rename. Then just put that one in your download folder, and host that. They'll see the file, and see that it's just two copies of the same map being put into the same folder, and one being renamed.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Alando
Newcomer

Post by Alando »

Senethior459 wrote:Nope. The only way for you to play the cheated version is for them to download it.

What I meant is, either add "Copy of" to the beginning, or a "[1]" or a "~" somewhere in it. Or, download two copies of it to different places on your drive, and then move the one in the same folder as the other, and when it asks if you want to replace, yes, no, cancel, or automatically rename the file, choose rename. Then just put that one in your download folder, and host that. They'll see the file, and see that it's just two copies of the same map being put into the same folder, and one being renamed.

Theres no 'automatically rename' option. All it does say is would you like to replace this file with this existing one blah blah blah. Yes OR No. If u do yes it replaces and if you do no, it doesnt do anything.........

When i try to rename it myself it doesnt work.

Maybe you can post yours up? Im using DotA Allstars v6.54b.w3x with fais and sg guys cheatpack.

BTW i thought carefully of another way, of getting people to download the map. Say its a AMH, however they will check getdota.com..... but is there such thing as a AMH map? I thought u just type the option in "-ah". However most people get their maps from getdota.com rather than downloading from hosst.
Senethior459
Forum Staff

Post by Senethior459 »

I don't know if there is a built in AMH now. I don't really play DotA... In my opinion, it's not that much of a game, Tank Wars is the same game but it's more fun, because it's more customizable. Plus, all the "good" players are snobs. If you don't already have a downloaded copy, you must be a noob, even if it was just released an hour ago. If you screw up once, they all scream that you're a noob, freak out at you, teamkill you, add your name and IP to a banlist for various reasons... DotA players are just a little over the top.

What version are you using, that it doesn't give the option to rename the one?
Oh... I never realized that that wasn't Windows asking me to do that. You're right. It did that when I'm extracting files, using 7-zip, I just never noticed that it was 7-zip doing it. I thought Windows was asking me. Oops. Anyhoo, all that it did was add a _1 to the end of the filename. You could also add Copy of to the beginning of the filename too. Either way looks like you copied instead of moving it from where you downloaded it to to the maps folder.
AhBee

Post by AhBee »

just set the filename same as the original one.
then people will see the preview picture. some of them may stay then. hopefully...
Alando
Newcomer

Post by Alando »

I did what u said with the 7-zip. I downloaded a map and i tried to extract it, and it said it cant. The downloaded file was like a map not zipped or anything.

I tried to do it my self by just renaming it. It worked. But when u try to host the game, they wont see it... It'll just be the nromal name Dota 6.54b etc.

Anyhows, there is a new dota mapp. I dunno if its fake or not. But it leeked out. Dota 6.55 BETA 7. Mind that is beta. Will you be able to upgrade some of these cheatpacks into it like fai's or sg_guys. The file comment is JJ's cheats.
Senethior459
Forum Staff

Post by Senethior459 »

It is real, and it is a beta, which means that it's going to change more before it becomes the official version, so I'm going to wait until the final version comes out before I do all that stuff.

What I said about 7-zip was for the .rar file... Not the maps. The maps are maps. The .rar file has the things that I made to make the map look like an AMH map, so that if it's cheated differently (ie. AI versions, different cheatpacks...), they can also make it into a fake AMH without having to make the things for it.

If you set the filename the same, they'll see the picture, join, and see the picture and notice that they're downloading. They know that they only see the picture and download if something's been CHANGED in the map, and they realize it. It's actually better to use a different filename, just because they won't realize that it's modified, they think it's just another file.
Alando
Newcomer

Post by Alando »

I supose so. However once the new map comes out, most people will just get it off getdota.com Unless we can try to make it different somehow, with the rename thing.

How come when i download the file, it is already a map? not um a .rar file\?
Senethior459
Forum Staff

Post by Senethior459 »

Senethior459 wrote:What I said about 7-zip was for the .rar file... Not the maps. The maps are maps. The .rar file has the things that I made to make the map look like an AMH map, so that if it's cheated differently (ie. AI versions, different cheatpacks...), they can also make it into a fake AMH without having to make the things for it.
The maps are maps. What I said about 7-zip only applies to the .rar file I have there.