Dumb Laws

C'mon, make us laugh! Jokes, videos, anything!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Dumb Laws

Post by Bartimaeus »

Post laws you think are dumb, regardless of where you live, (you can live in China, Germany, U.S., etc). You don't even have to live there. Also, please include your own comments on the laws, at the end, :P

- In China, you must be intelligent to go to college. :facepalm:

- In Colorado, water laws prohibit the use of rain barrels or any methods to catch rain for use. They claim the rain has already been legally allocated to the state and individual may not capture and use water to which he/she does not have a right. So, if I'm in Colorado, and a car drives past me while I'm walking on the sidewalk, and looking their direction, and just by some little chance, there's a small puddle right beside me on the road, and the car hits it, and it sprays me, and a single drop of rain lands in my mouth, could I get arrested? :shock:

- In Indiana, baths may not be taken between the months of October and March. Um, personal hygene, anybody? :?

- Also in Indiana, you may not catch a fish with your hands. Good thing Home Improvement isn't located in Indiana, otherwise some of the main actors would have been arreseted. :roll:

- In Pennsylvaina, it is not allowed to have donkeys or mules to ride in street cars, even if they are carrying something for you. Why does this law even exist? What happened that was so bad that a stupid law like this had to be made? :shock:

- Also, in Pennsylvaina, it is not allowed for you to sleep on top of a refridigator, ever. It is actually fine to sleep INSIDE one, but not on top. :roll:

- In Canada, it is illegal for a teen to walk down the main street to Fort Qu'Appelle with their shoes untied. No comment.

- In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle. Doh? :?

- In Norfolk, Virginia, a woman can't go out without wearing a corset. Okay... :?

- In Merryville, Missouri, women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "the privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male." Right, next they'll make it illegal for women to wear clothes. :?

- In Alabama, it's illegal to eat ice cream on Sundays. No icecream sundays?! :(

- In Alaska, kids must have a license to own a slingshot. This one isn't so dumb as it is silly. :razz:

- In Arkansas, it's illegal to yell at your kids at a drive-in restaurant. If I was a kid in Alaska, that's where I would go every time I was in trouble. ;)

- In Conneticut, it's illegal to walk on your hands when crossing the street. Seriously? What? Are you joking? How do you even do that? :lol:

- In Delaware, it's illegal to Trick or Treat after 8PM. I don't know about you guys, but I didn't Trick or Treat in the middle of the day. :sad:

- In Florida, it's illegal to set off a nuclear bomb in a city park. ...From that statement, it sounds like it's legal to do it anywhere else. :lol:

- In Georgia, it's illegal to swear on land-line phones. No comment.

- In Connecticut, you can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour. Oh dear. Bikers going faster that drivers. Watch out, sidewalks are more dangerous than the roads!

- In Woodstock, NY it is illegal to walk your bear on the street without a leash. ...It's legal to have a bear as a pet?

- It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor in Denver. What, are they afraid you're going to hide a bomb inside it, or something?

(update)

- In Alabama, bear wrestling matches are prohibited. lolwut? :P

- In Hawaii, you will be fined if you do not own a boat. Er...guess I'm not taking that trip to Hawaii after all...

- In Idaho, state law makes it illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds. Where in the world where you find a box of candy that weighs more than fifty pounds?!

- In Indiana, bathing is prohibited during the winter. Hope they have air-conditioning.

- In Kansas, if two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed. ??? How can one pass if they aren't allowed to proceed, and they're on the bloody same track?!

- In Louisiana, it is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol. So I can rob a bank with a REAL gun without getting in trouble?

- In Maine, strolling down the street playing a violin is against the law. No comment.

- In Alabama, it's legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern on the front of your car. :facepalm:

- In Alaska, it is illegal to whisper in someone's ear while they are moose hunting. Are you joking? How the heck am I suppose to talk to somebody without alerting the prey?

- In Arizona, a man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month. Oh joy.

- In Arkansas, alligators may not be kept in bathtubs. Hahaha.

- In Connecticut, no one may use a white cane, unless they are blind. Okay...

- In Delaware, you may not sell dead people for money without a license. AHAHHAHAHA! That's kind of scary.

- In Florida, It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit. Probably sick of horrible singers like on American Idol, :P

- In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear. XD

- In the Philippines, cars whose license plates end with a 1 or 2 are not allowed on the roads on Monday, 3 or 4 on Tuesday, 5 or 6 on Wednesday, 7 or 8 on Thursday, and 9 or 0 on Friday from 7:00 A. What the hell.

- In Switzerland, a man may not relieve himself while standing up, after 10 PM. No comment.

- In South Korea, Traffic Police are required to report all bribes that they receive from motorists. AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH. So it's legal to take bribes in the first place? :lol:

- In Singapore, it is illegal to pee in an elevator. :facepalm:

- In Norway, licenses must be bought in order to own television sets, and even VCRs. That's pretty lame.
Kryptonyte
Forum Staff

Re: Dumb Laws

Post by Kryptonyte »

Bartimaeus wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I didn't Trick or Treat in the middle of the day.

YOU WALK OUTSIDE?!?!?!?!?
Made by the late ILikeHacking

My quote from SKillER

Spoiler:
Chat wrote:(19:12:41) SKillER: newfags cant triforce
(19:20:30) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:20:35) SKillER: aww
(19:20:37) FatherSpace: FAIL
(19:20:43) Kryptonyte: Wow stop failing.
(19:20:47) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:21:41) Kryptonyte: .

. ▲
▲ ▲
(19:22:20) Kryptonyte: I guess you were right, newfags can't triforce.
(19:22:29) SKillER: . . ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:04) SKillER: OMFG
(19:23:06) SKillER: ... THIS CHAT
(19:23:06) SKillER: !
(19:23:36) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:46) SKillER: ▲
.▲ ▲

Apparently, SKillER is a newfag.
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Lol nice!
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't Trick or Treat in the middle of the day.

YOU TRICK OR TREAT!??!?!
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Kryptonyte
Forum Staff

Post by Kryptonyte »

Ozzapoo wrote:Lol nice!
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't Trick or Treat in the middle of the day.

YOU TRICK OR TREAT!??!?!

Look at what I said...?

Anyways, I just noticed, he said, "I DIDN'T trick or treat in the middle of the day".
Meaning he USED to. He doesn't anymore. So he got us... He USED to... = /
Oh well...

*Looks up at the sky, while feeling bad... for Bart has won yet another argument, this time, he didn't even have to reply...*
Made by the late ILikeHacking

My quote from SKillER

Spoiler:
Chat wrote:(19:12:41) SKillER: newfags cant triforce
(19:20:30) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:20:35) SKillER: aww
(19:20:37) FatherSpace: FAIL
(19:20:43) Kryptonyte: Wow stop failing.
(19:20:47) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:21:41) Kryptonyte: .

. ▲
▲ ▲
(19:22:20) Kryptonyte: I guess you were right, newfags can't triforce.
(19:22:29) SKillER: . . ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:04) SKillER: OMFG
(19:23:06) SKillER: ... THIS CHAT
(19:23:06) SKillER: !
(19:23:36) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:46) SKillER: ▲
.▲ ▲

Apparently, SKillER is a newfag.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

You guys got pwned. :lol: No need to reply; I'll win, regardless, :P Although I did put this in the wrong section, so you guys got me there, :P
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

If you live in China you better shouldn't criticize the system... who knows what could happen?
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Dekar wrote:If you live in China you better shouldn't criticize the system... who knows what could happen?

Jail. For ages.
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

lol, nice stuff bart.

that fish with your hands thing -- i knew some people from there who used to fish with there hands, some without gloves...

nasty scars...

randomly cited internet 'dumb laws':
Dumb Laws in California
Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
Bathhouses are against the law.
It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
Women may not drive in a house coat.
No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

City Laws in California
Alhambra
You cannot leave your car on the street overnight without the proper permit.
Arcadia
Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.
Baldwin Park
Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.

Funny laws of USA:
# A United States Federal law states one can be fine upto $1,000,000 for pertaking in the act of Genocide. Source: US Code TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 50A > § 1091 Link
# A United States federal law makes it illegal to issue a fake Weather Bureau forecast. Source: 18 U.S.C. § 2074) Link

Illionois, zion:
It is illegal for anyone to give cats, dogs, or other domesticated animals a lighted cigar.

Reno, Nevada (70miles from my house) [aka reno 911]
# Nevada
# In Reno, It is unlawful for any person to carry on, conduct or maintain any marathon dancing or marathon walking Source: Code 1966, § 11.12.130
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Xantan wrote:It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
Women may not drive in a house coat.
No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.
Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
It is illegal for anyone to give cats, dogs, or other domesticated animals a lighted cigar.

A United States Federal law states one can be fine upto $1,000,000 for pertaking in the act of Genocide.
A United States federal law makes it illegal to issue a fake Weather Bureau forecast.

I think the first ones are the best/most ridiculous.

The seconds ones I've already seen, :P
Lanaya
Banned-To-Be
Title: Administrator

Post by Lanaya »

lol i got some. all in virginia btw..

Dayton, Virginia
A person of color may not be oustide or within the city limits after 7 pm. LOL discrimination much?

Norfolk, Virginia
Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated. lololol? i wonder what happened to the guy who spit on the sea gull in the first place.
A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman’s derriere. wtf?
No buying of tableware without a special license.......

Virginia
Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween. ...i must have been breaking the law..
It is illegal to tickle women. lol?..
You cannot sell lettuce and peanut brittle on Sunday. i wonder why not? O.O

Richmond, Virginia
It is illegal to flip a coin in a restaurant to see who pays for a coffee. LOL
Don’t park your car on the railroad tracks. rofl who would park their car on railroad tracks?

Virginia Beach, Virginia
It is illegal to use profanity on Atlantic Avenue or the boardwalk. i guess its legal to do it other places?

Waynesboro, Virginia
It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag. uhhhhhhh wtf?
League of legends North America - Nietono