unit data missing or invalid

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

storyyeller

unit data missing or invalid

Post by storyyeller »

I tried to deprotect a map today, but was unsuccessful. What did I do wrong?

Here is the process I went through:
I opened up the map with Ladik's MPQ Editor, using the default listfile. I didn't see any .w3h, .w3q, .w3t, or .w3u files, but there were 4 files called
File00000004.mdx
File00000048.xxx
File00000058.mdx
File00000070.xxx
So I tried using MPQ Recover, with various options to generate a listfile. But this did even worse then the default listfile.

Next I moved everything in the /Units folder into the MAP folder of Silk. I alos moved the war3map.w3a file in there too. There weren't any 0kb files.
Then I ran Silk.

Then I opened the map back up in the MPQ Editor, and imported the files that Silk generated. I also took the war3map.j file and moved it out of the scripts folder and into the main folder, and deleted the (attributes) file for good measure.

After that, I tried opening it up with the World Editor, but it gave the unit data missing or invalid error. What did I do wrong? What am I missing?
Risen
Forum Staff

Re: unit data missing or invalid

Post by Risen »

You should use RMPQEx in place of MPQRecover, It does EVERYTHING + Better than what MPQRecover can do.

SILK doesn't need some types of war3map.xxx to run completely. (war3map.a/e/etc.)

Errm, I had the same problem with the SILK program the first time I used it, My problem was that the map was a korean/chinese map.

It tends to bug on those types, I think since they use SLKOpt or because it's in a different language.

Upload the [Normal] map here and maybe (me) or somebody can get your map deprotected.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
storyyeller

Re: unit data missing or invalid

Post by storyyeller »

I tried out RMPQEx. It found the missing files easily. They were just the loading screen pictures and the custom model for the Panda Tree of Life.

By the way, here is the map I was trying to deprotect. I don't particularly care about this version. It's more for practice, so I can easily and quickly deprotect 3.0.0.1 when it comes out.

So if you do deprotect it, it would be really helpful if you told me how you did it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.