Suggestion for new guides

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

flamers369

Suggestion for new guides

Post by flamers369 »

As a newbie hacker, I am trying to find some guides that are not found in this forum or are not stickied.

Therefore I'm suggesting some guides to be put up. Not forcing, just suggesting.

Map Protection Guide
Fake Version Guide
Guide for changing values in map (eg.stats gain, exp gain, attack speed, etc)
Triggers Guide
Custom Commands Guide

So far these are the guides I haven't seen in this forum (let me know if there is).
These topics are mainly map editting guides so i'm not sure if it's in the correct section.
There are two things that are infinite. The Universe, and Human Stupidity.
-Albert Einstein
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Re: Suggestion for new guides

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

Well, I will address this to the best of my abilities using the quick reply thing without actually writing a guide, so pardon the long bland response.

Map Protection: There are multiple (seriously, lots) of ways to protect a map. There's the MPQ protections, which you encounter when you try to open a map in MPQMaster and it says "Error opening archive!". That's usually the most common one you see since MPQMaster is usually the first thing anyone opens. There are some that make it so that other MPQs cannot read it, some more complex than others. There are small tutorials around this site, as well as one program here that I can think of that will protect your map for you. The tutorials are often in posts such as this, though, where people just ask how to do something. We're more of a map editing site than a "help you protect your map from being edited :D" site. But there are people who know and people who are willing to share (see Spazzler program in Useful Tools section somewhere).
Another type of protection is JASS protection. This kind is actually incorporated into the map's triggers. There are countless different ways to do this. Some common ones are anti-single player and anti-gold/lumber/mh/etc.. cheats. There are others, though. For example, Power Towers has a message that will show up if you edit the .j file in any way/shape/form. There's so many different possibilities to protect what you want in a .j file that I won't get into it. Making your functions named IililiLIlIlILiLILiLilililili0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oliiLILiLI is one very annoying one, and I'll leave it at that.
There's also another kind of "protection" that will prevent a map from being able to be opened in World Editor and such. But I won't get into that. It's just a common name, it doesn't stop you from editing the triggers at all.

Fake Version: Well, I'll write a small how-to here, I suppose. There are (usually) three things you need to change to successfully change the version. The first one can be found in the war3map.j file. Search for function config and under it, you should see a line that says "set MapName("TRG_STR314") something or other. Or maybe you'll get lucky and see that it says the actual map name there (in which case, someone probably already changed the version before you). You have two choices here: Open up the war3map.wts file and search for string 314 (in this example) and just change the name to whatever you want. Or you can just change it right in the war3map.j. I suggest changing it in the .wts file because if string 314 gets called up somewhere else, it'll say the old map name instead of the new one. If you wanna make it really believable, you can make a changelog, too, if they already have a quest that includes changelog. Just search for CreateQuestBJ and do it. I won't go into that. Too lazy.
The second thing you need to change are the hex values. For this you need a Hex Editor (google for it. XVI32 works just fine). Simply open up the map in the hex editor, MAKE SURE THE OVERWRITE OPTION IS ON, and change the map name there. If the overwrite isn't on, it will add values and complicated stuff will happen and you'll be confused and sad and annoy us. I don't remember if you have to save or not...haven't changed a version in a looooong time.
Last thing is the load screen. If they have a custom load screen, you just have to extract it from the map, find a way to edit it, then put it back in (make sure save type is the same! There's a fileconverter link posted by George somewhere. Or just annoy him until he gives it to you.)
That's all I've never needed to change. However, in some cases, there is another spot to change. In maps like DotA, the version is printed where the "Low/Med/High Upkeep" thing is. This can be found in the war3map.w3i file, but I've never done it before, so I'm not gonna discuss it.

EDIT:
GeorgeMots wrote:war3mapSkin.txt file in the root of the map. Open it with a txt editor and edit

UPKEEP_NONE=|Cff00ff00Version 3.3e

So. war3map.j -> function config -> set MapNameblahblahblah. -> .wts -> change
Hex edit.
Load screen
???
Profit!

Summary: ...just make a request for it -.-.

Changing values in map:
I don't understand this part. If you wanna change your stats...exp...attack speed...use a cheatpack. The attack speed thing, however, can only be changed through the addition of an item or agility.
If you want to find out the trigger for it, just open up JJ's CP and find it.
If you are talking about maps that have custom experience, I will explain that in the Custom Commands part.

Triggers: Learn JASS. That's really all there is to say. I could go and say "You can find triggers in the war3map.j, which can be found by opening up MPQblahblahblah" but if you didn't know that, you shouldn't be asking about triggers. We don't have guides here, but there are plenty of guides on thehelper and wc3c and other sites like that. I've never read those guides before, if you have common sense you can figure it out through time. Like me! I don't have previous knowledge of a coding language (which people say helps) and I don't spend my time reading guides on JASS (cuz I have a life..). I learned JASS by looking at JJ's CP and enabling single player. After that, I moved onto trying to add some custom commands into JJ's CP and then custom commands into maps. Most of the triggers tell you what it does, anyway. For example, call ExecuteFunc("Blah") will execute the function named "Blah" (case sensitive, no quotes). If you couldn't deduce that...you might wanna stick to just copy/pasting JJ's CP into maps.

Custom Commands: Well, you need to have enough JASS knowledge to get around the functions and triggers to do this. Most of the time, you're probably gonna be doing something like a rank command because that's all I ever see requested. Since I don't want to go into a long in-depth guide on this, I'll tell you the basics (because if you knew enough JASS, you wouldn't need the help anyway!). Custom experience usually stores their numbers somewhere (I mean, how else would they remember it, right?). Just find out what that variable is. From there you could:
1. Edit it so that one kill will give you 90135813751389571389571389 exp
2. Make a trigger where you can set your own score.
You need JASS knowledge for that. I don't feel like going into it.

I hope this at least SOMEWHAT clears up your questions.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
haxorico
Super Moderator

Post by haxorico »

Map Protection Guide - What way? Not to be openable in WE? or un-openable in MPQMaster? Or un-editable in in total (jass protection)
Fake Version Guide - There are many ways the version is hidden.. In unit's names, in preview map, in lading map, in a trigger that says "thanks for playing game XX version YY", the map name itself, the map in the lobby...
Guide for changing values in map (eg.stats gain, exp gain, attack speed, etc) - No can do, those are usually (90%) are values that are stored in varibles, those variables can have any kind of names, you gotta learn how to find them, still some common sense and knoledge will get you through.
Triggers Guide - We have a triggering section, I asked all my questions over there, plus it has some awesome guides.
Custom Commands Guide - Gotta learn jass.. sorry. All CP's are made of custom commands. You gotta learn how to makem..
Spoiler:
(02:24:09)

Code: Select all

ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:28) Lanaya: Gtfo ken.
(02:24:33) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs out of the Chat.
(02:24:40) Lanaya: Thought so. bitch.
(02:24:44) ChatBot: FatherSpace logs into the Chat.
(02:24:48) FatherSpace: Can I come back yet?
(02:24:51) Lanaya: What'd i say earlier.
(02:24:51) Lanaya: No.
(02:24:58) FatherSpace: Let's try this...
(02:25:01) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).

(14:33:51) 2Pac: Do you know what'S so funny?
(14:34:01) Lanaya: No, please show me.
(14:34:07) 2Pac: This.
(14:34:09) ChatBot: Lanaya has been logged out (Kicked).
(14:34:10) 2Pac: 

(14:35:59) haxorico: No one will belive me if I say "I got this song from 2pac on MSN" lolz ^^
(14:36:02) Lanaya: lolz.
(14:36:16) 2Pac: I AIN'T DEAD FFS.
(14:36:26) 2Pac: I'm a living legend, y'now.
(14:37:17) haxorico: why is 2Pac a legend?
(14:37:28) Lanaya: He's the worse rapper evar.

(15:42:51) Lanaya: can i suck , . . .

(13:55:21) ChatBot: 2Pac rolls 1d100 and gets 1.
(13:55:21) ChatBot: haxorico rolls 1d2 and gets 2.
(13:55:27) haxorico: owned?

GeorgeMots: xplain what happens in SP. Why cant you save?
dast.-:i need play with 2 players

(21:53:08) (673237): plzplzplz, im sorry about before.
(21:53:26) FatherSpace: I'm sorry you were born.
(21:53:31) ChatBot: (673237) has been logged out (Kicked).

(10:08:02) Bartimaeus: you do know run I youtube channel for my favorite music, right?
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

haxorico wrote:Map Protection Guide - What way? Not to be openable in WE? or un-openable in MPQMaster? Or un-editable in in total (jass protection)
UndeadxAssassin wrote:
Spoiler:
Map Protection: There are multiple (seriously, lots) of ways to protect a map. There's the MPQ protections, which you encounter when you try to open a map in MPQMaster and it says "Error opening archive!". That's usually the most common one you see since MPQMaster is usually the first thing anyone opens. There are some that make it so that other MPQs cannot read it, some more complex than others.
Another type of protection is JASS protection. This kind is actually incorporated into the map's triggers. There are countless different ways to do this. Some common ones are anti-single player and anti-gold/lumber/mh/etc.. cheats. There are others, though. For example, Power Towers has a message that will show up if you edit the .j file in any way/shape/form. There's so many different possibilities to protect what you want in a .j file that I won't get into it. Making your functions named IililiLIlIlILiLILiLilililili0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oliiLILiLI is one very annoying one, and I'll leave it at that.
There's also another kind of "protection" that will prevent a map from being able to be opened in World Editor and such. But I won't get into that. It's just a common name, it doesn't stop you from editing the triggers at all.
haxorico wrote:Fake Version Guide - There are many ways the version is hidden.. In unit's names, in preview map, in lading map, in a trigger that says "thanks for playing game XX version YY", the map name itself, the map in the lobby...
UndeadxAssassin wrote:
Spoiler:
Fake Version: Well, I'll write a small how-to here, I suppose. There are (usually) three things you need to change to successfully change the version.
haxorico wrote:Guide for changing values in map (eg.stats gain, exp gain, attack speed, etc) - No can do, those are usually (90%) are values that are stored in varibles, those variables can have any kind of names, you gotta learn how to find them, still some common sense and knoledge will get you through.
Triggers Guide - We have a triggering section, I asked all my questions over there, plus it has some awesome guides.
Custom Commands Guide - Gotta learn jass.. sorry. All CP's are made of custom commands. You gotta learn how to makem..
UndeadxAssassin wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, you need to have enough JASS knowledge to get around the functions and triggers to do this...
Did you even bother to read because you said everything that I did, except...not as helpful
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...
Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!