Restoring some maps and integrating code

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

wanker
Newcomer

Restoring some maps and integrating code

Post by wanker »

Hey I'm totally retarded when it comes to this, I've tried multiple times but I don't have the knowledge to get this to work.
Anyway here's what I effectively would like
1. To deprotect some maps (rebuilt to be functional not just to view triggers etc)
2. Integrate an antimaphack function from another map.
3. Perhaps a little pointers in how you did it so I could be more clued up in the future.

Anyway the maps I would like deprotecting are some TGS (The Great Strategy Maps) I've seen a 4.5x version on here however it's prone to lagging.
The versions I would like unprotected are 2.26, 4.66 and 3.24c (I'll attach in a rar)

And then I would like to add an anti maphack to these and also some battleships maps which I can attach once I've found them, in total it should be around 7-10 maps. I know it's a lot to ask but I've no where near the knowledge required to do it. If anyone can help me out that would be immense.

EDIT: the code in the anit map hack map doesnt work against some prog I have found...shame, if anyone can point me at some good antimaphack stuff it'd be great
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Risen
Forum Staff

Re: Restoring some maps and integrating code

Post by Risen »

Well if you know jass, You can make your own anti maphack very easy.

Most antimaphacks, if not all primarily use the function "IsUnitVisible( someunit, blahblah)"

You could make your own antimaphack easy, Just place an invisible unit somewhere in trees where it won't get spotted by Magic sight or something, And make an interval check to see if that unit is visible for all players.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
storyyeller

Post by storyyeller »

Something tells me that that would do absolutely nothing to detect maphacking.
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Most maphacks have a corrupted model in a spot that is impossible to see normally, in the game, but if you're maphacking... Crash!
Others check for clicking, and if a player clicks outside of an area visible to them, then they'll be spotted as a potential maphacker. Or, if they click on someone else's units, buildings, etc. and that clicked object is in a FoW area, then they're probably maphacking.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

@ Storyyeller, Using IsUnitVisible would detect if a unit is visible or not, For best results, use it to check an invisible unit that shouldn't be visible.

And yea, I haven't really developed an anti mh of my own so i don't really know what magic happens in it.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

IsUnitVisible wouldn't work., because that checks if the unit is invisible, like a shade, instead of visible, like a grunt. If you had an AMH with an invisible unit, and it checks to see if it's visible, then the only people it will detect are cheaters who select it and use -vis.
IsUnitFogged would be effective against cheaters, but not maphacks. Maphacks don't get rid of Fog of War, but using -mh does. So, if you have a unit that's under FoW for everyone, then if someone uses -mh, it will become visible to them, and this will cause IsUnitFogged to return false for the player using cheats to your AMH system, and it would presumably kick them.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
storyyeller

Post by storyyeller »

There are much simpler ways of detecting careless cheat packs though