[Help] how do i change a map's name?

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

darkfuryex
Newcomer

[Help] how do i change a map's name?

Post by darkfuryex »

i have searched the forum and found that u need hex editor to edit it..but after i edited the map name using hex editor and when i load the map on local area games the system will pop up a error saying "the map is not found etc etc" but the name of the map is changed..help pls how do i edit the name without the error "map not found"

edit: more info..the map name is xxxV3.2Beta and by editting it i modded it to xxxV3.2.1 Beta and when i loaded it on local games it says map not found but i can see the edited name..weird..help pls
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Re: [Help] how do i change a map's name?

Post by Ozzapoo »

darkfuryex wrote:i have searched the forum and found that u need hex editor to edit it..but after i edited the map name using hex editor and when i load the map on local area games the system will pop up a error saying "the map is not found etc etc" but the name of the map is changed..help pls how do i edit the name without the error "map not found"

edit: more info..the map name is xxxV3.2Beta and by editting it i modded it to xxxV3.2.1 Beta and when i loaded it on local games it says map not found but i can see the edited name..weird..help pls

The process is a bit more complicated than that... You increased the length of the name. So you have to remove the same number of bytes from the 0s.

So if I change "MapName" to "MapNamee", i have to remove one of the 0s from the end of the 512-byte heder, because I increased the length +1.
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
darkfuryex
Newcomer

Post by darkfuryex »

Ozzapoo wrote:
darkfuryex wrote:i have searched the forum and found that u need hex editor to edit it..but after i edited the map name using hex editor and when i load the map on local area games the system will pop up a error saying "the map is not found etc etc" but the name of the map is changed..help pls how do i edit the name without the error "map not found"

The process is a bit more complicated than that... You increased the length of the name. So you have to remove the same number of bytes from the 0s.

So if I change "MapName" to "MapNamee", i have to remove one of the 0s from the end of the 512-byte heder, because I increased the length +1.

oh i see..by the way issit 1 0s or 0s?? cause evertime i insert 1 thing 2 digit comes up...its 2 right
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Uhm...Use the hex code on the left. Don't enter it on the right.
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
darkfuryex
Newcomer

Post by darkfuryex »

Ozzapoo wrote:Uhm...Use the hex code on the left. Don't enter it on the right.

haha thanks dude i got it..btw ignore my previous question..i realize i was asking a dumb one haha sorry xP