wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Advanced Spell System
PostPosted: June 21st, 2008, 7:07 pm 

So I really need help on this spell system. I thought this would be a very good idea for any RPG, Hero Arena, well about anything, and I could use this in my map. So this spell system would be like WoW with the action bars, but it would be ina way to work for WC3.

So everyone knows that there are those hero icons in the top-left part of your screen, those aren't that useful, so instead of heroes, it would be the spell icon of your choice. At the beginning of the map 6-7 blank icons (depending if you are going to have the hero icon on there or not). Then once you click on one of those blank icons it will open up a dialog with all your current spells, and you can select one, and then it adds it into that icon to become a spell bar. So once you click that spell bar icon it would have the same effects as the regular spell you have. Say you have the whole action bar filled with icons, but you want to replace a few, then there would be a command which you say -removespell # and then it then will become blank again. This system would be very useful for any hero with many abilities that they would like to cast from the bar to the side.

So if anyone could build this system it would be very helpful, but it is always your choice.

Heres something that it related to it -
EpicWar, Map - http://epicwar.com/maps/57202/

YouTube - http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl=en ... 26pwst%3D1

Thanks in advance :D