wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 5:08 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Okay, so I bought Oblivion a while back, (waaaay back), and was never able to install on my computer because it always said that I didn't have the darn thing in my rom. So I had to install it on another computer, and then copy it over through the network to mine. Of course, I couldn't start it up the darn thing because it STILL didn't recognize a CD in my rom. I had to go and get a friggan' No-CD .exe.

A year or two later, I'm trying to install BioShock, which I've had for a few months, but never got around to playing because of my crappy PC, and it AGAIN says I don't have the CD. What's worse, is that I try to install it, think everything is going fine, because it gets to the end of copying the files over, and then RAEG, it uninstalls itself after fifteen minutes of install time, and then proceeds to say I don't have the CD.

What the hell.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 5:43 am 
Newcomer

LOLZ how old iss your pc if you say its old >.>

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 6:01 am 
Newcomer

Title: Guru of Hatred
Your PC is how old? Rofl, I could see some kind of nerd rage happening on that PC in the near future... if not already.

SatanistDrg [2:44 PM]: -cuddles kitten of love-
SatanistDrg [2:44 PM]: -puts kitten in a wood chipper once it's defences are down-

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 6:57 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

It's not SUPER DUPER old, because it can run Stalker okay, but it's not exactly a beaut, either, :P

Installation resolved. Google for the win. Someone suggested in a search to extract the files onto my hardrive instead of running it directly from the disk. Didn't work. Found a mini-image, and run it through PowerISO, and was able to install it. All I have to do now is try and update and play the darn thing, which probably require a No-CD crack, as well, which will result in no patch, :P

(edit) Jeeze, this game really doesn't want me to play. Okay, firstly, I've had to reinstall for the third time now, because installing the patch worked absolutely fine, except for the fact it had the same effect that applying a patch to Stalker did; it screwed up the entire game and made me not able to even start it up. So I grabbed a book, and was/am waiting for it to reinstall, when all of a sudden a friggan' scorpion shows up out of nowhere and proceeds to stare at me from my kitchen floor.

Had to hit it three times with a fly swatter, (I was actually going to try and smash it with a cardboard box but decided it would be too risky), and even then its tail didn't stop twitching before I promptly picked it up with the flyswatter and unlocked my door and threw it out.

Am waiting for the reinstall, though :P

(edit) Okay, there was another problem, which was the audio wasn't working correctly: Apparently, the game set its own audio parameters to something invalid, and I had to replace it. Everything is working, :P

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 2:36 pm 
Forum Staff

Where do you live that a scorpion showing up in your kitchen is a normal thing?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 10:24 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Pyro7778 wrote:

California. ._. Black widows, too.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2009, 12:43 am 
Noob

Title: LSD.
Bartimaeus wrote:
Pyro7778 wrote:

California. ._. Black widows, too.

i livez in bay area