wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Marijuana Bashing
PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 2:30 am 

Title: Deadly Shadow
Mmkay, Since this has been bothering me, Ima bitch about it.

You all have your own lil topics.... The Word Game.... Grant a Wish..... No real flaming and such right? Well, Why the hell would you sit and go into a thread about Pot, just to flame? You got your threads, we got ours. It just pisses me off beyond all belief when people just reply, "Pot is dumb, it'll ... up your life, and make you stupid."

For Clarity, my father did it for about 49 Years, (Hes 50 now, He quit.) We live in a great house, and having a very successful life, So, If you think it F**ks up people so bad, How come my whole family is living great?

Dont bash Pot use, Believe me, every single person who does it knows it f**ks up your lungs, and if they are dumb enough to think that it doesnt mess with the head, They are just f**ked up.

P.S. We only have like.... 2 active people that are stoners anyway.... Ever since Xantan split.

ImageClick here to feed me!Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Post subject: Re: Marijuana Bashing
PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 5:12 am 

Title: Sir Awesome
I don't think it's terribly ridiculous for people to be upset about it.
It's everyones choice what they do. If people want to smoke, let them. If they want to be pissed that people that they don't know are smoking, let them.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 10:06 am 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
I agree with what Darkhacker is saying about bashers. If you cant contribute to the topic stay out of it.

My brother is 38, has a $400,000 house nearly paid for, jeeps, trailer, boat, and smokes pot. So what does that tell you? (No, it doesnt tell you hes a drug dealer :D )

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 7:42 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

patrick-the-bomb wrote:
It's everyones choice what they do.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 9:52 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
I'm going to explain why I usually post on marijuana topics.
It just seems like if you can try to get them not to make a bad decision, then you should. I'm not trying to make anyone not smoke, but in my opinion, it is a terrible idea. Maybe some people won't get screwed up, but marijuana does have a chemical effect on your mind. I just dislike that idea. My mind is mine, I don't want anything messing with my perception. I rarely even take aspirin for a headache. Maybe that's just some weird pathos of mine, but that's how I view it.

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 10:41 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Senethior459 wrote:
I'm going to explain why I usually post on marijuana topics.
It just seems like if you can try to get them not to make a bad decision, then you should. I'm not trying to make anyone not smoke, but in my opinion, it is a terrible idea. Maybe some people won't get screwed up, but marijuana does have a chemical effect on your mind. I just dislike that idea. My mind is mine, I don't want anything messing with my perception. I rarely even take aspirin for a headache. Maybe that's just some weird pathos of mine, but that's how I view it.

Bartimaeus wrote:
I have not tried it, nor will I ever. Anything that can lower my perception, anything that messes with my mind or body is something I refuse to deal with. It is against my set of morals. The only kind of thing I will ever dare try take is sleeping medicine, which never seems to work, at all, which is why I never take it, unless I'm having a really bad night where I'm spending hours trying to fall asleep, but failing, simply because my body does not want to sleep. In which case, I usually just get a book out, some peanut butter, toast and chocolate chips, read 'till morning.

This is the reply I had to a discussion we already had about marijuana.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 11:22 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
I was looking for something to read, and I just found this in the Jargon File. Interesting.
Quote:
Most hackers don't smoke tobacco, and use alcohol in moderation if at all. However, there has been something of a trend towards exotic beers since about 1995, especially among younger Linux hackers apparently influenced by Linus Torvalds's fondness for Guinness.

Limited use of non-addictive psychedelic drugs, such as cannabis, LSD, psilocybin, nitrous oxide, etc., used to be relatively common and is still regarded with more tolerance than in the mainstream culture. Use of ‘downers’ and opiates, on the other hand, appears to be particularly rare; hackers seem in general to dislike drugs that make them stupid. But on the gripping hand, many hackers regularly wire up on caffeine and/or sugar for all-night hacking runs.

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 12:41 am 

Even in the same topic i bitch about it in....

I dont usually hack, takes to long.... and I dont do speed or anything, yet I can still ... with my dads company's computers at 4 AM while Im baked to all hell?

Srsly tho guys.... WE.GET.IT. Its a horrible thing to do, but if we actually do this, we know its gonna ... up our brain, and whatever the hell else. So, If we do this, what makes you think that a lil passage about how you've been clean and your all healthy and shit is gonna make us stop? What person that drinks beer is gonna read something about how the livers gonna be fucked up and STOP drinking beer? What person who smokes cigarettes gonna see the commercials and be like.... "Oh, I should Quit".

Like Vegas said, if you dont have something to contribute to a thread, Dont reply.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 2:43 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

DarkHacker wrote:
Srsly tho guys.... WE.GET.IT. Its a horrible thing to do, but if we actually do this, we know its gonna ... up our brain, and whatever the hell else. So, If we do this, what makes you think that a lil passage about how you've been clean and your all healthy and shit is gonna make us stop? What person that drinks beer is gonna read something about how the livers gonna be fucked up and STOP drinking beer? What person who smokes cigarettes gonna see the commercials and be like.... "Oh, I should Quit".

Like Vegas said, if you dont have something to contribute to a thread, Dont reply.

1. We're not saying we're healthy. Infact, over the last few months, I have been in a bad state of health.

2. Actually, alcohol is good for the heart. I still condone the use of it.

3. Anyone with a brain. Read: Should. Not will.

4. We're contributing in our own way. See, you're supporting the use of it. We're condoning. Our views and morals collide, and then something called an argument comes up. However, this is an argument about morals, (at least, for us). Neither will win the battle, because it's impossible. Your morals are not something you can change over an argument.

5. You say it's a horrible thing to do, yet you do it? Hm. I wonder why our opinions collide so readily...

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 12:43 pm 

Bartimaeus wrote:

5. You say it's a horrible thing to do, yet you do it? Hm. I wonder why our opinions collide so readily...

I think its a horrible thing to do without a reason. Personally I have sleep issues, Depression, and a shitty appetite, (Thanks to my new ADHD Med.) I was talking about the general public, they dont do it for medical reasons, mostly to get high.

Your Right though Bartimaeus, We arguing using our morals and beliefs.

(Cant type more, Gtg, Check again afta school)