Warcraft 3 Major Problem

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Imatroll_Mon
Newcomer

Warcraft 3 Major Problem

Post by Imatroll_Mon »

Alright guys it may get a little bit complicated but im going to try to explain this the best i can. I broke my WC3 Frozen Throne disk, and WC3 got uninstalled on my laptop which is the computer i use normally. However i did have another computer with WC3 ROC and TFT on it so i copy pasted the files from that computer to my laptop. But now it will not let me patch so i therefore cant play, now i think it is because i did not install the game normally and it would not be in my registry but im not sure, and if that is the problem is there any way i could fix it? I mean i would go don't click me another copy but closest place to get it is almost 3 hours away so i will do it but im hoping i will find a way so that it still works.

If anyone has any ideas please post! Thanks
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Re: Warcraft 3 Major Problem

Post by Durchdringen »

Well you could copy your War3 registry from your other computer to this one.

Or you could download the discs from torrents and install it fresh. You must have your CD Keys though. Then you can use an Image with Daemon Tools.

Hope that helps.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

I use this every time i copy my wc3. Works like a charm! :)

Just run it and it writes the registry stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Ozzapoo wrote:I use this every time i copy my wc3. Works like a charm! :)

Just run it and it writes the registry stuff

Virus check and it's safe...not that I would suspect you putting in a virus, Ozzapoo, but who knows, it's the internet, stuff happens, -.-

On-topic: The only time I've ever reinstalled warcraft 3 is when I was missing maps for the patches, otherwise, I've had the same install for a few years, copying it into another computer, and later copying it back. So, not sure why that would be a problem.
Imatroll_Mon
Newcomer

Post by Imatroll_Mon »

Thank you very much Ozzapoo! And to Bart, the game will let me play, but wont let me go on battle.net because i do not have the right patch which i cant get because i dont have the information on my registry, so it just reads my computer as not having WC3.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

go to your registry and find this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III

you would need to copy this portion of your registry to the laptop.
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Imatroll_Mon wrote:Thank you very much Ozzapoo! And to Bart, the game will let me play, but wont let me go on battle.net because i do not have the right patch which i cant get because i dont have the information on my registry, so it just reads my computer as not having WC3.

Um... wtf? the registry fix fixes that....

Virus check and it's safe...not that I would suspect you putting in a virus, Ozzapoo, but who knows, it's the internet, stuff happens, -.-

On-topic: The only time I've ever reinstalled warcraft 3 is when I was missing maps for the patches, otherwise, I've had the same install for a few years, copying it into another computer, and later copying it back. So, not sure why that would be a problem.

Well I'm not the kinda evil person who wants to put meddle with other ppl's comps -.-
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Ozzapoo wrote:
Imatroll_Mon wrote:Thank you very much Ozzapoo! And to Bart, the game will let me play, but wont let me go on battle.net because i do not have the right patch which i cant get because i dont have the information on my registry, so it just reads my computer as not having WC3.

Well I'm not the kinda evil person who wants to put meddle with other ppl's comps -.-

He was telling me what the problem was, Ozza.

And I know. But as I said before, it's the internet, :|
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

Bartimaeus wrote:
Ozzapoo wrote:

He was telling me what the problem was, Ozza.

And I know. But as I said before, it's the internet, :|

I see.........