wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 8:33 am 

Guys do you know what may cause this it's really annoying every time i click on a map war3 crashes no matter which map i click on.
It's been working absolutely fine until yesterday and last night suddenly started crashing.
I tried reinstalling the game and cleaning the registers with ccleaner but it's still giving errors.

Here's the error http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2228/w43q.jpg

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 8:37 am 
Forum Spammer

Title: Gamma Ray
Maybe you did something in you Warcraft3 folder files? or you did something on maps.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 11:22 am 

I didn't do anything i was playing fine yesterday's afternoon and went out when i tried to play again at the night when i came back i was receiving those nasty errors.
Also what could i do to the folders etc i reinstalled the whole game and deleted all the folders except the movies one i doubt it causes the problems cuz what could a movie folder do.
It's interesting that i actually didn't have war3 in add/remove programs to uninstall it so i deleted the folders and deleted registers after installing the new one my previous settings were still there video settings sound etc names
I intend to try now uninstalling/deleting all folders and registers and installing it again might work who knows

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 10:17 pm 

I think the issue is that one of the maps might have been tampered with (maybe someone put in a CP or something idk)
Or the original mapmaker edited something and caused the same result
So the map is now "unstable" and when warcraft loads the map info to display (such as suggested players, map terrain, etc)
There's an issue and it crashes.

Potential solution : move some recently acquired maps into different folders, if crashing stops, those maps may be the source of error. If not, then repeat with another set of maps.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 2:13 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

That's what I was thinking as well, Sankentyosu, but he says it's *any* map he clicks on, which implies he's able to select different ones...and he says he deleted everything but the movies folder.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 11:24 am 

Yea thanks for the suggestions but i already fixed it somehow was really tough at some point i thought it's ram problem but i downloaded another copy of the game installed and patched it so it works now and it's not map problem since i have all the previous maps on the new warcraft too idk what caused the problem anyways it's fixed now so the thread can be locked.