Small tip to solve hosting problems

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

krual

Small tip to solve hosting problems

Post by krual »

Ok, to most of you this may be a very obvious thing to do but it was what was stopping me from hosting the whole time (about a year xD )
-You should have opened the ports in your router homepage (192.168.2.x for most)
-Go to [Start] [Connect to] [Show all connections]
-now.. There should be a side pannel with a few things, Select [Change windows firewall settings]
-Now, Windows firewall is a crappy firewall to configure as you cant select a range of ports to be opened =/
-click on the Tab [Exeptions] at the top of the page
-Now, click on [Add port]
-for the name pur anything you like, would make more sence to put wc3 or something similar but doesnt matter :P
-Port number: 6112
-Choose TCP
-Now as i said previously, windows firewall is crap ^^ you have to do this 16 seperate times :D
-Do this as 6112 TCP then 6112 UDP then 6113 TCP 6113 UDP
-keep doing this all the way to 6119 ^^
After this, you should be done!
Worked for me anyway ^^
Good luck
Looking for Advanced editor team to make an ORPG with!
read http://forum.wc3edit.net/general-map-editing-f8/recruiting-a-team-for-an-orpg-t8611.html for more info ^^
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Re: Small tip to solve hosting problems

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

What, I get no thanks for helping :( ?

Also, the router homepage is different for everyone. Mine's 192.168.1.1. To find out yours, go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and type in ipconfig /all. It should show up under (well across from) Default Gateway.

Also, sometimes forwarding will work if you use the range. Instead of making a rule for every port, you can do 6112-6119 in the range for both TCP and UDP (it worked for me).

Lastly, I do believe that you have to change the port under WC3 Options. Go to WC3 -> Options -> Gameplay and you should see something like Use Port blahblahblah. By default it's 6112. You wanna change it to anything from 6113-6119.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.

(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...

Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
krual

Re: Small tip to solve hosting problems

Post by krual »

I thanked you in my last topic undead :D
Ill say it again tho
Thanks! :D
Looking for Advanced editor team to make an ORPG with!
read http://forum.wc3edit.net/general-map-editing-f8/recruiting-a-team-for-an-orpg-t8611.html for more info ^^